Will these fish get along or kill each other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kenpachi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
As soon as I get my tank and set it up and let it go for a week and test the water and double check everything, I plan to get some fish (duh) lol.

My Absolute favorite purely for looks is the Bala Shark I also plan on getting a Pacu (my friend has one and it seems rather docile compared to stories I've heard about Oscars. I need to know will both of these do well in the same setup (temp,what not) and also will they be fine together? I know I might have to get the Pacu first and let it grow alittle before I put the balas in.

I would like to add at least 2 more different types of fish to the tank as well, if so would i need a bigger tank than a 55? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but you can't go into somthing like this half cocked ya know, alot of money is at risk, dem fishies ain't cheap to take care of.

First the tank will have to cycle. That will take longer than a week. Click on either link in my signature to read about that. Next, the pacu will get too big for any tank less than 100G in about a year or so and will eat anything you put in with it. Sorry to be the dream crusher.....

Oh well, better to find out here and now, rather than the hard and expensive way :p

bala sharks are fun, but they get HUGE... imo, pacu are too aggressive for the sharks. The sharks are just a minnow with silver scales and black fins, the dorsal fin making them appear as a shark. They can be somewhat aggressive, but i kept mine with guppies, platties, mollies, and cories... Pacu get ugly when they get bigger, but so do sharks... lol. And oscars are pretty much too aggressive for any other fish...

bala sharks get to be a foot or so and are schooling fish. heck i wouldnt put a pacu in a 100 gallon they just get way too big.

Back
Top Bottom