Will these peacocks ever get Color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathanpopp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Assorted peacocks for 12. Will they ever get color?

Attachments

• image-2726642095.jpg
    image-2726642095.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 128
Depends on the sex of the fish, and as to which colors, it depends greatly on the species at hnd

Assorted peacocks for 12. Will they ever get color?

Honestly.. Luck of The Draw at that point, just get 3 you have 1:3 odds lol but seriously, ive tried to make intelligent decisions and lost, so your guess is as good as ours.

Got this ob out of an assorted tank for 10$. He is still pretty young

image-1743172253.jpg

image-916953456.jpg

Just pick the one with most promising color, kind of a guessing game though.

Just pick the one with most promising color, kind of a guessing game though.

honestly its between the yellow-est brown or the grey-est brown one or the other, IME its been the more grey brown thats the best color, and are males, the yellow-er brown are mostly females, like my ruby red he was an ugly grey and brown and now hes starting to look real good.

honestly its between the yellow-est brown or the grey-est brown one or the other, IME its been the more grey brown thats the best color, and are males, the yellow-er brown are mostly females, like my ruby red he was an ugly grey and brown and now hes starting to look real good.

Ya that's it's not an "ob". All colorful male peacocks start out a grey ish color.

If you have a red empress cichlid in there you can wait for a long time peacocks in my case got there collar fast within 3 to 4 inch even it depend on male or female. But still hard to tell.

When they or still juvies it's hard to tell what the collar will be. They can suprise you some times :)

They're giving me an option. I can't trade

1 red zebra
2 demosoni
1 female dragon blood

For 3 of the assorted. Worth it?

1 red zebra
2 demosoni
1 female dragon blood

The demosoni will always color up well no matter the sex. The thing with demosoni is to keep five or more as a group since they are quite aggressive. Female dragon looks are just pinkish. They don't have the bright red spots as the males do. Female dragon blood is also pinky orangish either one will have some color.

The demosoni will always color up well no matter the sex. The thing with demosoni is to keep five or more as a group since they are quite aggressive. Female dragon looks are just pinkish. They don't have the bright red spots as the males do. Female dragon blood is also pinky orangish either one will have some color.

I think he is saying those are the ones he can trade, for three assorted peacocks. Which he asked the question of; "will these ever color up". I'm assuming he knows the colors of the demasoni, female DB, and red z.

1 red zebra
2 demosoni
1 female dragon blood

I think it's worth a shot, demasonis I've heard should be kept either as one, or twelve. Red zebra, unless he is pretty, they're nothing special. Same with the female dragon, no real amazing color there. Take a chance on the assorted, maybe you will get a very pretty male one day.

I think he is saying those are the ones he can trade, for three assorted peacocks. Which he asked the question of; "will these ever color up". I'm assuming he knows the colors of the demasoni, female DB, and red z.

Fair enough. I thought he was asking which three to choose.

Alright I'll go for it. Is there a sure way to tell M/F when buying?

When I bought my peacocks last, I ended up with 4 females. Different store tho

Back
Top Bottom