Will they survive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently had a issue with my fixture and one of the bulbs exploded. I need to get a new bulb but it may take 2-4 weeks. Will my plants be okay with only one 18w t5 6700k and one pink color max bulb.

I have roseafolia, ludwigia repens amazon sword anubias crypt micro sword Vals

Also the roseafolia and ludwigia and Vals have been added within the last week so they aren't very strong.

With some of those plants, it may or may not do the job, not really sure what the pink colormax bulb is. The shorter the timeframe with those, the better. Maybe someone else in here will know more about them.

Some of the plants may lose color and growth could slow down so I'd get the new bulb as soon as possible. Depending on how long you leave you lights on daily you might want to increase your photoperiod.

Some of the plants may lose color and growth could slow down so I'd get the new bulb as soon as possible. Depending on how long you leave you lights on daily you might want to increase your photoperiod.

Okay they are on for 8 hours so should I go to like 10+?

Does anyone know where I can get a t5 no 6700k 30inch bulb.

Try going to 9 and see how that is. You will also have to be sure no algae starts. So go slow but don't run them longer than 10 hours. On my big tank I only run my halides for 6 hours but I have 4- 39w T5HO bulbs built in the fixture and I run them 10 hours because they are such low light in my deep tank. I also don't have algae issues from it.

Try going to 9 and see how that is. You will also have to be sure no algae starts. So go slow but don't run them longer than 10 hours. On my big tank I only run my halides for 6 hours but I have 4- 39w T5HO bulbs built in the fixture and I run them 10 hours because they are such low light in my deep tank. I also don't have algae issues from it.

Okay thanks. The more I look online the more discouraged I get I came find the bulbs in Canada. Amazon has them but not in Canada. The pet smart website says only available in store. I am considering going high tech with a dual ho fixture and the addition of pressurized co2.

If you guys know where I could get these bulbs please let me know.

You should actually start a new thread asking if anyone knows where in Canada they sell them.

Well I gues you could still check the store, you never know for sure. Another thing that may work is to ask them if they can order one in. Or ask them where you can find one!

Well I gues you could still check the store, you never know for sure. Another thing that may work is to ask them if they can order one in. Or ask them where you can find one!

Found some on big als online after over an hour of browsing through an amazing amount of bulbs. Hopefully they arrive early next week.

Back
Top Bottom