Wisteria question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered some Wisteria from aquabid. It has arrived and I found out it was grown emersed not submersed. The photo on the auction was of submersed growth. Do I need to plant it differently or is it all right to just plant it like any other stem plant. Any precautions I need to take?

Just go ahead and plant it, it'll switch over eventually.

Just be sure to give it some root tabs to help it along.

Root tabs or no, it will change form with new growth. The old leaves will stay in the emersed morph, but the new stuff will look like classic wisteria.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I already had root tabs in the section I planted it. I just put some in and then decided to move some plants around when I got this order. I put some of the wisteria in a gallon jar with a dirt substrate to grow it immersed. The rest went into my tank. Now to get in butt in gear and list some things in the classifieds. I am running out of room in my tanks. LOL

After it changes growth if you don't like the old growth vs new growth look just cut the new growth tops off and replant them and throw away the old growth bottoms. I've done that many times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom