Work in progress (long) , updated 09/10/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick update.

I changed out the PFS for some Eco-complete.

Here are a couple of pics:

tank75(64).JPG

Blyxa japonica and Glossostigma elatinoides.
tank75(62).JPG

Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba'
tank75(63).jpg

Pogostemon stellatus 'Broad Leaf'
tank75(60).JPG

A peak of some Ludwigia glandulosa
tank75(61).JPG

rkilling1 said:
Just a quick update.

Ya I bet there was nothing quick about that substrate swap.

RK...........the tank looks AWESOME!!
Great aquascape...........plants are layered perfectly.
How long has it been finished?

How long did it take?

I'm actually thinkin about doing the same to my 20G shrimp tank.

The PFS just isn't cutting it anymore.

I was thinking of swapping my PFS for some black substrate(or possibly a white) as well. Over time my PFS has turned a yellowish color and is becoming unnappealing.

Un-believable! Your tanks looks amazing and it hasn't even had time to show the benefits of the new substrate. As Glitch said, the plants are layered perfectly. Excellent work, your dedication to your tank and hobby is outstanding. Can't wait to see it in a month from now :)

I changed out the PFS for some Eco-complete.

Oh, yeah. Easy-peasy! :eek:

Just stunning. I'd be unable to post my update because I'd have hung myself after re-planting all those teeeny, weeeny plants.

~~~ GORGEOUS ~~~

Only have time for one pic today. The tank is growing in nicely. Just trimmed some plants so the water is a little cloudy.

tank75(65).JPG

The plants in the right front are just some new species that I am letting grow in a little before I add them to the scape.

the tank is beautiful .. can you tell me how you are propogating the pogastom stellata.. it doesnt' strike me as a plant that branches easy.

glandulosa too :)

Thanks Sherry. If I want more P. stellata, then I just let it grow along the surface. If I trim it before it reaches the surface, it doesn't branch off.

As for the L. glandulosa, I don't know. I still have the same two stems that Peyton sent me. I have heard it is difficult to get it to branch. I read that you just have to keep toping it.

BTW where is your pic thread?

I had time for some pics today. BTW the weather is looking nice around here. It's time to start sending plants out!

Pogostemon stellatus 'Broad Leaf'
tank75(49).jpg

Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba'
tank75(43).jpg

Polygonum sp. ‘Kawagoeanum’
tank75(42).jpg

Ludwigia glandulosa
tank7538.jpg

Bacopa sp. 'Colorata'
tank7548.jpg

Limnophila aromatica on the left and Ludwigia brevipes on the right.
tank75(37).jpg

Starting my Hemianthus callitrichoides lawn.
tank75(40).jpg

Rotala macrandra
tank75(41).jpg

Glossostigma elatinoides
tank75(46).jpg

New species:

Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Pantanal'
tank75(45).jpg

Ludwigia sp. 'Guinea'
tank75(47).jpg

I have to find out what this is, I was told it was Echinodorus tenellus Red. Maybe Echinodorus tenellus v. 'Tenellus'?
tank75(44).jpg

A cool little foreground plant, Ranalisma rostrata.
tank75(39).jpg

Every time I try to keep this thread buried in the chasms of cyberspace, somehow it keeps coming back. :)

Nice work on the substrate exchange Randy, looks really super!

After going to medium light for about a month and a half, this is what my Limnophila aromatica looked like:

lowlight.JPG

Needless to say, I went back to high light.

The Limnophila aromatica is starting to grow back.
tank75(73).JPG

The Hemianthus callitrichoides lawn is starting to take off:
tank75(67).JPG

The Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba' is back to looking good:
tank7568.JPG

One of my newer species, the Eriocaulon cinereum is starting to grow back. I had it in another medium light tank.
tank75(69).JPG

The Polygonum sp. ‘Kawagoeanum’ never stopped growing. It's got to be a cousin to the Hygrophila family :roll: .
tank75(70).JPG

Another new species, Rotala macrandra 'Narrow Leaf', Much easier then the normal R. macrandra. (sorry for the bad pic)
tank75(71).JPG

Blyxa japonica is taking over the tank. I need to get ride of some of it inorder for my HC to fill in.
tank75(72).JPG

FTS. I still have to find out which settings work best for this new lighting.
tank75(66).JPG

It's been a very long time since I posted anything about my 28 gallon tank.

Ludwigia repens colors up soo much nicer in medium-high light as compared to high-very high light.
tank28(4).JPG

The same goes for Rotala macrandra. It's turning blood red. I have never seen a prettier shade of red in anyone of my tanks. This picture does not do it justice.
tank28(5).JPG

EDIT: just grabed another pic of this plant. This one is a little better.
tank28(7).JPG

A newer species for this tank, Echinodorus sp. 'Sao Paulo'. A very colorful chain sword.
tank28(6).JPG

My camera has a lot of trouble shooting this tank because of the bowfront. I can't get it any better. Sorry.
tank28(3).JPG

EDIT agin: I just had to add this wonderful plant pic. :lol:
BGK.JPG

I can see why you were disappointed with the medium light. Your plants look absolutely fantastic under the higher light. That BGK pic is pretty cool! What a lucky fish to live in that beautiful tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom