Worlds smallest fish found

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive seen this link about 5 times in the past 6 months.. lol.

Hey Weasel, I had forgotten about that little guy... that tells you how much of this planet we still don't know about.!!!

mmmm,,, I wounder....if there are things soo small like that little fishy...mmm...what BIG things could be lurking under the ocean we don't know about yet!!

Here is something bigger that they have found in the ocean lately. Has anyone else seen this?
img_609206_0_19b1a1b2cfbcc9284955e6b4088bcb9e.jpg
[/img]

that's a great find ... although not real practical to keep at home. Any filter you put in your tank would likely suck that little bugger up. Plus you'd need a microscope just to look at your fish.

that fish is larger than mst fry that we normally deal with is jsut under 1/3 inch long.

Jodi--
For a second I thought that was a joke but checked out the photo properties and googled "hairy lobster" and wow. I must say that is a terrifying looking animal, and I am rarely creeped out by aquatic creatures unless they are of the slug/worm sort.

I'm reading the CNN article on it right now, fascinating. To think of all that lurks 900 miles below sea level....

I just looked at the smallest fish article. Anyone else think the pic resembles a glass catfish? I also read the hairy lobster article a while back. I love the fact that they don't have eyes...

Wow they are so cool! They would have to play a big role in nature... it's the smallest things that make everything work!

Catalina--
I saw that thing on the news awhile back. I thought it was pretty neat that we are still finding new creatures! Can you even imagine what else must be down there?

Back
Top Bottom