worms in sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harriet

Aquarium Advice Regular
i asked this question before but the person talking to me ignored my original question and didn’t help at all my cories have these worms and i have the medication to treat it but my substrate is sand and i seen these worms drop off i’ve never seen them bury into the sand but what i’m wondering is will the medicine go through the sand incase there is any worms in the sand and not on the fish

I doubt the medicine will penetrate very far into the sand. It might take medicating the tank and a daily vacuum of the sand. Usually that kind of med only kills parasites that are free floating

will it be fine if i just stir up the sand with the vacuum while doing a daily vacuum it took a long time for the meds to get here as you can’t buy it in the uk so i don’t wanna use it and have it not kill them totally

i also have a very active pleco who loves to dig in the sand all night and it’s always messed up in a few hours even if i flatten it so will he possibly help in way too

Back
Top Bottom