Worried about my co2 tubing!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

As you can see from the pics, idk how normal this is or if it even is normal but the "co2 tubing" I bought from a hydroponics store on eBay seems to be expanding. It goes down once the co2 is shut off. As you can see on the left is the co2 tubing with nothing going through it, the right is the one flowing co2.

Also you see at the diffuser that the screw lock kind of squeezes the tubing to an end. I'm nervous that maybe my psi might be too high and I need to lower it somehow(don't know how) or even that the tubing will like burst or something. It's been like that for like a week with no problems. But I'm starting to get nervous. IMG_2104.jpg anyone can help me?

That tubing resembles silicone tubing which is very flexible. I bought CO2 tubing on Amazon and it's a bit thicker than airline tubing and very stiff. Not very pliable and does not appear to expand when under pressure. You may want to consider purchasing it. Around $10.
The gauge on the left is the working pressure and the gauge on the right is the tank pressure. You can use the large knob to adjust the working pressure. Right now it is at 50 psi. I would lower it to 20-30 psi. The diffuser has a minimum working pressure (usually 20-25 psi). The working pressure just needs to be higher than that. You may need to adjust the fine needle valve after changing the pressure.

That tubing resembles silicone tubing which is very flexible. I bought CO2 tubing on Amazon and it's a bit thicker than airline tubing and very stiff. Not very pliable and does not appear to expand when under pressure. You may want to consider purchasing it. Around $10.
The gauge on the left is the working pressure and the gauge on the right is the tank pressure. You can use the large knob to adjust the working pressure. Right now it is at 50 psi. I would lower it to 20-30 psi. The diffuser has a minimum working pressure (usually 20-25 psi). The working pressure just needs to be higher than that. You may need to adjust the fine needle valve after changing the pressure.

This might sound like kind of dumb question, but what large knob are you talking about? I know most regulators come with one but I don't think mine does. It has like a ring that I can wrench open which is the like nut in between the solenoid and gauges IMG_2104.jpg

Is that what you're talking about?

Usually, there is a knob where, in your pic, the silver thing is. Perhaps yours is "fixed"? Preset at 50 psi? I don't know.

Yeah I wouldn't alter the working pressure unless there was a knob specifically for adjusting. If your having to use spanners then it's not worth it. Just get the stiffer tubing as already suggested.

Back
Top Bottom