would it be safe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigFudge

Aquarium Advice Regular
would it be alright for me to use a blue LED strip as well as my medal hallides in my biocube

BigFudge said:
would it be alright for me to use a blue LED strip as well as my medal hallides in my biocube

I would say yes. Just be careful of your water temp.

Depends on the LED strip. Don't want to burn or bleach your corals. If it's powerful LEDs I would say no. You should light acclimate as well.

any suggestions on a good blue Led strip (or something similar) i could put above my glass canopy? any good brand or product reccomendations are very much appreciated

BigFudge said:
any suggestions on a good blue Led strip (or something similar) i could put above my glass canopy? any good brand or product reccomendations are very much appreciated

R2 extreme LED moonlights are what I have on my biocube and light it up great for only 30 something dollars. Check out my pictures and you can get an idea of what it looks like

I wouldn't combine them bc then you have double trouble
The heat and then the overkill power of LEDs

They are not strong LED lights, simply something to give a moonlight affect.

Edit
I also have never had a problem with heat in my HQI

O it's just moonlight LEDs then that's ok but you may need a fan over the other lighting you could take a cooling fan out of an old computer

I have a bunch of fans lol. But awesome Audiew! thats perfect!

Yeah the R2 moonlights are awesome, I have several of them. I thought you meant for your regular lighting. You will only notice these when the halides are off. They are not at a wavelength for stimulating coral growth. They are just aesthetics for your nighttime moonlight viewing pleasure!

Back
Top Bottom