Would this be a good CO2 diffuser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not. To be effective, the CO2 has to dissolve in the water - this system will probably just bubble out most of the CO2 that is injected.

There are some very effective DIY CO2 diffusers that are perfect for cannister filters - I recommend going with one of those.

I agree - it probably won't be a good CO2 diffuser. I enlarged the picture, and it doesn't look like the CO2 would be forced through anything (like an airstone or diffuser stone) to make the bubbles tiny enough. Tiny bubbles would dissolve into the water. Large bubbles will just rise to the surface and break, losing the CO2. If this equipment is meant as an oxygenator, then it probably wouldn't produce small enough bubbles to be used as a CO2 diffuser.

I'd really have to see this thing in action to say yes for sure. and at $4.99 it just seems too cheap to be a good diffuser.

I found an excellent glass diffuser for very cheap on eBay. It works very well with my DIY C02, producing very fine bubbles. Only concern might be that it produces a sound kind of like chirping birds due to the very fine bubbles. But it is really not that loud, and I can only hear it when everything else is quiet. Of course, the louder and faster the sound, the better you know how your DIY CO2 is performing!

The seller, bugsconnection, doesn't have any of these for sale that I can see right now (he does have a more expensive model with built-in check valve), but you could email him and ask.

There are other glass diffusers available on eBay but this was the cheapest and it works great.

Attachments

• ca_1_b_655.jpg
    ca_1_b_655.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 178
Back
Top Bottom