Would this be overstocked for a 55g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would I be able to get just an Oscar and a convict cichlid in a 75 gal. ?

No. Stick with 1 oscar and if you want good filtration from an HOB then get 2 AC 110s. That 1k gph of filtration. More than enough for an oscar. You cant add anything because 1- its an oscar and they are aggressive. 2- chances are itll become oscar food. 3- youll need more filtration

This is madness, oscars aren't as wasteful as so many people suggest, my water was excellent with under 20 ppm nitrates In a 55 with two aquaclear 50s.

You might want another fish though, it will get very boring watching one fish in a tank if you're not really into them.

This is madness, oscars aren't as wasteful as so many people suggest, my water was excellent with under 20 ppm nitrates In a 55 with two aquaclear 50s.

You might want another fish though, it will get very boring watching one fish in a tank if you're not really into them.

I am into the oscars so it will be fine , I just wanted to see if there was other fish that could go in there :)

Hey fish lover. A lone oscar can live in a 55 minimum so he will be very happy in a 75. However I would advise against convicts. I have my oscar in a 125 with a convict pair and the territory is split 60-40 and if they get close they lunge at eachother. It all depends on the temperament of the fish if you do want a convict you could try with a juvi red belly and juvi oscar. Maybe growing up together will be fine.

IMO as far as territorial SA Cichlids go I would only have 1 in the tank and then some less aggressive tankmates.. I have tetras, a couple jewels, and a loach. I also have a blood parrot but he sticks to himself. Jewels, peacocks, etc would probably be ok if you want some more color in the tank. But we all know the coolest thing to have is a happy oscar

Hey fish lover. A lone oscar can live in a 55 minimum so he will be very happy in a 75. However I would advise against convicts. I have my oscar in a 125 with a convict pair and the territory is split 60-40 and if they get close they lunge at eachother. It all depends on the temperament of the fish if you do want a convict you could try with a juvi red belly and juvi oscar. Maybe growing up together will be fine.

IMO as far as territorial SA Cichlids go I would only have 1 in the tank and then some less aggressive tankmates.. I have tetras, a couple jewels, and a loach. I also have a blood parrot but he sticks to himself. Jewels, peacocks, etc would probably be ok if you want some more color in the tank. But we all know the coolest thing to have is a happy oscar

Okay :) and I'll just get an Oscar

Back
Top Bottom