Wow...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, about 2 weeks ago, we started a brine shrimp hatchery for our new fry. The eggs hatched, and the bbs has been great for the fry...well, hubby goes to feed the tanks tonight, and wants me to come look at the brine shrimp that he put in the tank. I'm thinking, alright, i have seen this before...well, I get over to the tank, and he starts pointing out these 1/4" long adult brine shrimp!! I couldn't believe it! All the reading I had done said that most people probably wouldn't have much success getting them to live longer than 12 hours or so, and I have a breeding colony! (we have a few different size shrimp, and we have never added more eggs to the mix!) Wow....I just had to share!

i can probably get one. Its nothing fancy though, just a large rubbermade tub (not one of the big ones, it only holds about 2-3 gallons), and an air stone running 24/7. We feed them some of my shrimp mix I give to my RCS. Apparently they are thriving pn it....I will have to remember what I put in it the next time i need to make more...

Back
Top Bottom