Wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's also called a soleransis Wrasse. I had one. Pretty fish, but at the price they go for, you could do something with more color. I'd stay away from the Lubocks.
$30-$40 Online. About like the melenarus. Ive looked through liveaquaria and bluezoo. Anymore site recomendations?

Like what?

Ive already had a mccoskers. It was a real nice fish. Dont really want a flasher this time. What do yall think about the melanarus with a CUC? Also the red head solon.

Anyone have exp. with a royal pencil wrasse or another type of pencil wrasse?

I think the issue I'm seeing is, while these wrasse's you are suggesting are "ok" in your tank, I would think they would just get too big. I would get something that stays under 4".

What about a coris wrasse. I have a yellow one that is very peaceful and is in and out of the rock work most of the day when the lights are on.

From what i heard pencil wrasses are hard to keep ,my lfs had one and he told me not to buy it. Yellow coris is also a good choice.

What about the mystery wrasse? I think it's a beautiful fish, but I've read mixed things about it eating shrimp and other inverts. I have a cleaner shrimp that is about 2.5 inches long, some blue-legged hermit crabs and a lot of dwarf cerith, nassarius, nerite and astrea snails in a 60 gallon cube. Will the wrasse eat all of the above creatures? It will probably be the last fish I add.

So they had an exquisite fairy wrasse on the list of possible orders at the LFS. They couldnt get the melanurus. But i gave the ok to order it so i should have it friday! Not sure what it will look like but it is from austrailia.

Ill post pics when i get it in. Anybody know what the exquisite wrasses from australia look like?

I've seen four different variations due to location but none listed as australian. I think it's pretty much just going to be a surprise With the exquisite wrasse anyway.

Back
Top Bottom