Xenia gone wild! Come get some.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
For those of you wondering why your xenia won't grow fast, relax and be happy with that.

Mine is just crazy! It's on the back glass, on power cords, on pumps. Even got some on one of my astrea snails. I don't dose and rarely feed phytoplankton or etc. Got pom pom (the lighter xenia) and the regular kind, whatever that is. Every month when I get time, I frag 8 - 10 pieces, attach'm to rocks with toothpicks and ruber bands, and wait two days for'm to attach. The LFS provides the small rocks for me free. I sell the frags to'm for $8 each.

Anyway, I still can't keep up with'm. Not a problem yet, but they are quite prolific.

Doubt whether I'd be into the mailing thing, but anybody that wants some FREE, feel free to contact me if you're gonna be in the neighborhood. 8)

For anyone that might be interested in the area, I'm 10 minutes from Andrews AFB. 25 - 30 minutes from FedEx field.

Will take some. Need to update my gallery anyway. But you can see what they looked like about a year ago if you check there. I've 'prolly got 35 times as much now.

Anybody willing to outline a good shipping technique for me? Or is this a bad time of year, being cold and such? Guess I could mail some and expect recipients to cover shipping.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/11/tips

Here's an interesting article that might help you. You may want to contact reef clubs and see if you can't ship a box to them as a "group buy" type thing where they paid for shipping so that you could send a lot of it to one person in another state and maybe save them on the shipping charges.

Good luck getting rid of it!

Yes DT, I have plenty of them and yellow polyps waiting for you. Just promise not to hate me in a few months. lol :wink:

Well, I've been looking for some xenia for my 29 gallon, I work just north of Baltimore...

Sending you a pm 20 20. I can help you out. Keep in mind though, xenya comes with it's own warnings and you have to swear no ill feelings in a month or two. :D

austinsdad: If you are successful in getting rid of it I will send you a box full to get rid of for me. :) I did buy a silver stalk pulsing frag from liveaquaria last month that looks pretty cool. It has doubled in size but has not gone crazy yet.

Only thing worse than xenia is anthelia :) Grows as fast or faster and is not as pretty, IMO.

BTW, my LFS use to but xenia frags for about $5. Not great but helped :)

ellis the anthelia does not grow as fast as the xenia in my tank. The piece of anthelia you sent that looked like a 1" smashed slug is now about 6" round

Anthelia is slowly becoming in my tank as well but I can't promise any more of that out til I fulfill my promises to people I've already offered it to. I'd love to make a few dollars on it but the lfs I go to has a sump full of it under their huge display tank. :?

Fluff, I 'think' I've replied to your pm! Hehe, let me know if you received it!

I don't mind shipping but wouldn't want to ship in the winter. Especially with xenya's bad reputation for not shipping well.

Fluff: the silver stalk xenia I got last month came on a rock that was rubberbanded to a syrofoam block floating upside down in the water. It arrived in perfect condition. Not sure how you package but that worked great.

Back
Top Bottom