Xenia turned bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glstine

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a colony of xenia that all of the sudden has gone "limp". Don't really know how else to describe it. Have had it for about 4 months and has about doubled in size since I got it. A separate colony that floated off from the original is doing fine. So is everything else. I make water changes, 5 gallons out of a 29 gallon tank, every other week. Last two water changes have been with oceanic, I was using IO. Everything else seems to be doing great.

ph - 8.2
Nitrite, Ammonia - 0
Nitrates < 5
SG - 1.023

Did notice today my temp was almost 82 where it is usually around 78. Was kinda hot today, going to check in the morning to see what it is.

Live stock:

3 peppermint shrimp
1 percula clown
frogspawn
mushrooms
condy

TIA

Should also add, don't know if it's relevant, we lost power for about 12 hrs during Rita. I did keep one power head running about 1/2 the time while the power was out.

Ya, mine does that from time to time and so does my moms. I would keep an eye on it. You had a 4 degree temp fluctuation so they could be adjusting and feeling rather sluggish.

Back
Top Bottom