Yard Sale 37g Bow Front Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think so. Id call and see first. I think online will be your best bet

Buenos aires are a very common tetra, the main reason I suggested them.........They're robust enough to take the wrath of the texas and pretty commonly available

To be brutally honest I want this tank to be a snap shot of the rio grande river, sand, drift wood, long grass, minnow looking fish, etc.

To be brutally honest I want this tank to be a snap shot of the rio grande river, sand, drift wood, long grass, minnow looking fish, etc.

Tough with that size tank and Texas cichlids! Worth a shot but be prepared to move them ( if they get too big or mean) as well as lotsa water changes and is put max filtration on there.

I'm not really familiar with any Rio Grande species commonly kept in the hobby (rather than the few herichthys species found there)...buenos aires are silver and red south american tetras that IMO have a minnow like look to them

I'm not really familiar with any Rio Grande species commonly kept in the hobby (rather than the few herichthys species found there)...buenos aires are silver and red south american tetras that IMO have a minnow like look to them

Agreed!

Alright guys, I'm set on a marineland penguin 350 filter, should be just enough overkill to keep it clean before water changes lol

Alright guys, I'm set on a marineland penguin 350 filter, should be just enough overkill to keep it clean before water changes lol

Are you gonna use another hob filter w it? I'd spend more for like the aquaclear 110 much better and in long run cheaper. The penguin cartridges are pricy and not much customization with media. The cartridges clog pretty quick. I ran one w a aquaclear 50 on my 72 and they worked ok together but cartridges jam w poop pretty quickly. I guess you could rinse them when needed??it was loud too if that matters

Are you gonna use another hob filter w it? I'd spend more for like the aquaclear 110 much better and in long run cheaper. The penguin cartridges are pricy and not much customization with media. The cartridges clog pretty quick. I ran one w a aquaclear 50 on my 72 and they worked ok together but cartridges jam w poop pretty quickly. I guess you could rinse them when needed??it was loud too if that matters

Nah the top fin 60 was loud lol and I plan on using floss as a prefilter if it matters?

Back
Top Bottom