Yay predatory tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've wanted to do this for so long! And now I finally have what I need to do it.

I only have 36 pounds in there now. Much more to be added later.

Its going to be my baby tank for the smaller fish that wouldn't do well in the 350. I like raising them.

My list is:

Miniautus grouper

Undulated/ huma trigger

And a bamboo cat shark egg( any advice on this)

Attachments

• image-3680992543.jpg
    image-3680992543.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image-13711574.jpg
    image-13711574.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image-1522573535.jpg
    image-1522573535.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 148
the undulate trigger is the most aggressive of all. i would be worried about one of those in a community tank.
i saw your other post about the shark egg. i don't have much experience with the hatched sharks but there is nothing to the egg. you just wait until it hatches.

Oh interesting well I will definitely stay away from an undulated trigger then and go with the huma. And ok cool that sounds easy enough! Lol

Oh what about a clown trigger. Those are my absolute favorite but I hear they are also very mean

i"m new to the website

and have no idea how to make a new post so i figuered i would just post under an existing post.
I am compleetly new to saltwater and will be getting a 65 gallaon liverock tank.
so far i have 3 fish in mind
small yellow tang, maroon clown and royal dottyback.
are these fish compatible, what other fish can i get with these.... thanks for everything.

the clown is next in line. they are also pretty aggressive. the huma huma is a better bet. i'm not saying it can't be done, but i have seen those fish behave so ferociously that i would be afraid to put my hand in that tank.

and have no idea how to make a new post so i figuered i would just post under an existing post.
I am compleetly new to saltwater and will be getting a 65 gallaon liverock tank.
so far i have 3 fish in mind
small yellow tang, maroon clown and royal dottyback.
are these fish compatible, what other fish can i get with these.... thanks for everything.
you would click the button that says "new thread" just below the advertisement banner towards the top of the page.
a 65 gallon tank isn't ideal for a tang. you'll have to get a larger tank eventually, but if you got it small, you could get a year or so out of him, before having to re-home him. they are just open water swimmers for the most part. eventually the confinement will stress the fish.
maroon clowns are more aggressive than other clowns, and get bigger than most also. territorial mostly. they pick a spot and defend it. see if you can start your own thread and we'll give you some ideas.

dont see it maybe its cuz im new, if somebody could copy and post my origanal post that would be greatly appriciated

I think I'm going to risk the clown trigger. I've got a couple months to decide though lol.

How do triggers do together?

dont see it maybe its cuz im new, if somebody could copy and post my origanal post that would be greatly appriciated
img_1541491_0_9ecdcea5517bbdf3ce099af1685379f1.jpg

I think I'm going to risk the clown trigger. I've got a couple months to decide though lol.

How do triggers do together?
it depends on the fish.

Triggers are usually good with eachother as long as they can both defend themselves. I have a niger and durgon together and theyre fine. The nigers like 0.5 the size too. Good Luck!!!!

Oh ok cool. Good to know! Thank very much. Do triggers like anything special in the tank?

hiltymj said:
Oh ok cool. Good to know! Thank very much. Do triggers like anything special in the tank?

Yes they love any inverts you have in there,...they think you put them in there so they can eat'em.... I've got two triggers,..a rectangular ( humuhumu ) and a picaso trigger,.. They are great critters but can be rather aggressive towards each other other tank mates at the drop of a hat...they're messy eaters and self appointed interior tank decorators also.....but ,..ya gotta love 'em ..., they're just cool.

Ha thanks for the input! Yea I think they are some of the coolest fish!

I love triggers
I have a clown and a humu together going on 2 years ..they get along fine with eachother and the existing tank mates,...My humu has killed new additions the past 3 times i tried ..Its a love/hate thing with him...He owns the tank and would probably rip my finger off if i put in there...I think he's going to be traded in when i upgrade for a sargassum or blueline

Triggers are usually good with eachother as long as they can both defend themselves. I have a niger and durgon together and theyre fine. The nigers like 0.5 the size too. Good Luck!!!!
those two aren't even in the same class as undulate and clown triggers. completely different behavior.

So what triggers are in the same class. Let's go with aggressive and none aggressive. I know they are all aggressive but just curious what your thoughts are

Back
Top Bottom