Yellow lab breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have yellow labs in my 75 gallon fish tank n my one female is pregnant for sure ! Her mouth is kinda big n she isn't eating. My question is should i jus let her be n let her relase the fry when she does or put her in a cage tht is in the tank isolating her ??

Hey! I just had mine breed as well! I left her in the main tank for about three weeks, stripped her (boy was I nervous!), and put the free swimming fry in their own space. Right after I stripped the mom I placed her in a breeder net for a few hours, fed her, and returned her to the main tank. She has done awesome.

The fry are now eating ground up flakes and algae wafers. Growing larger every day! I love my aquababies!

Thanks! I stripped the mom on the 9th of September... So their "birthday" I'd say would be the same day. A little bit older than two weeks. They just learned about coming to the top to eat. Previously they would let the crush food sink pass them and they would try to catch it as it went down.

There are seven total.

I'm so afraid to strip my female it's be almost 3 weeks I think

It means to take the eggs from her mouth instead of letting her spit them out

Italy592 said:
It means to take the eggs from her mouth instead of letting her spit them out

What's the best way if stripping fish.

I'm still trying to figure tht out read my whole thread alot of ppl on there explained it but this is my first time breeding fish n yellow female lab is pregnant so I'm learning now haha

Back
Top Bottom