Yellow lab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AprilMartinez

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just wanted to share a picture of my very first baby. He's been with us since we started a ten gallon tank and I love this guy. He's such a man.

Attachments

• image-2630522243.jpg
    image-2630522243.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2220116110.jpg
    image-2220116110.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 129
Lol, yes. He is now in a 60 gallon. Also bought a 120 gallon the other day. I no longer have a dining room. I've got problems. Lmao.

I bet he's happy. Having no dinning room isn't a problem if you have an aquarium to replace it.

Jesus I thought he was a hybrid the first time I saw him ? Is he really a yellow lab ? Either way he is a Beauty ;-)

Please post some pics of your 120 gallon when it's up and running please April ;-) thumbs up from Liverpool,England

Here's the 120gallon....I'll post parameters later but yesterday they were all where they should have been. Hope you enjoy!

Oh, yeah...I've got a question. I bought those test strips that you just dunk into the tank but I also have the master testing kit with the test tubes. IYO, which do you think is more accurate?

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 88
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 96
  • photo_3.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 92
Test kits April & Beautiful tank Hun ;-) stripes are bad,if you must use them,cut them down the middle you'll get twice the us love ;-)

Thank you! Frontosa is in there. I have two but had to separate them. This poor guy/gal hardly had any back fins. They are growing back nicely.

AprilMartinez said:
Thank you! Frontosa is in there. I have two but had to separate them. This poor guy/gal hardly had any back fins. They are growing back nicely.

Be careful with Frontosa in with your malawi's
Frontosa can get huge like 14" huge and in the wild they are predators.They eat other fish and as they will outgrow your malawi's it is very possible they will see them as food at some point.
I had two Frontosa and the result was the same the do
Infant fish attacked the sub dominant constantly and I had to remove him.They can be pretty vicious.

I agree with garfy on this,they grow to well over 10 inches and very territorial fish ? With Dwarf Mbuna they will eat anything that will fit in there mouths...Hope it works out though April ;-)

I am so glad I listened to you guys about the strips v. Master kit. I tested the water on the 120 and the nitrate level was in the red. Did a partial water change and got it back down. Whew! Will test again in a few hours to make sure they are within range. The 60 gallon was perfect, thank God.

I have 3 yellow labs about 3 inches and does not have a speck on black on them. They are kind of drab. I sure hope they get some black. Your baby is beautiful.

Male labs tend to stain up when they are super dominant, I bet the leader of the lab pack

He is the dominant male in my 60gallon. Has been for a while. Others have tried but always failed. Lol. He really is beautiful and thanks for the comments.

Back
Top Bottom