yellow tang behavior...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcarola154

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok, so my yellow tang started doing this thing yesterday, where he speeds and then rears up like a horse or something... and he hasnt stopped doing it... i dont know if something is wrong with him or if that is just his new trick or something... my water conditions-
Nitrate- 0
Nitrite- 0
ph- 8.2
amonia- 0
phosphate- 0.5
...so i doubt its the water thats a problem... anyone know how to explain this? I did a close check and he has no visible signs or sickness or anything on his body...

i hope im just being paranoid... it just really doesnt look natural

Mine does it all day long for the most part going from long non stop swimming for 30+ minutes and short bursts like what you are talking about. They love to swim and hang out in currents from the ph. A 45 is a little small for a yellow tang but should give him enough room if still a juvenile.

It could be a sign of aggression also depending on it’s tank mates but usually they are pretty mellow except to their own kind. Have you noticed your Devil Damselfish mess with him at all?

hes not all that big and he will be in a 178 in 6 months or so... this tank is a temporary for me to get used to the hobby... and no he doesnt do it directed towards any other tankmates... and i got rid of the damsel a couple weeks ago just never updated my profile... (damsel was attacking a goby i got... and i liked the goby better)... but anyway, thanks for the reply... im glad to see hes not the only one that behaves like this

Back
Top Bottom