Yellow tang problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadOrAlive

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,i just bought a baby yellow tang from my lfs yesterday for about $20 which I placed into my 10gallon QT to monitor the fish before introducing him into my main tank which is abt 75gallons. When I was observing my yellow tang in the QT,it looked perfectly fine and I even saw the little guy eating the dried seaweed I placed into the tank. But when I woke up this morning,the yellow tang died. I dunnoe what went wrong because since it was in the QT,it couldn't have been attacked. I'm currently freaking out because it died for no reason I can think of. My QT has no ammonia or nitrites and only has 0.2 nirates and the PH was 8.0 so I really dunnoe what went wrong. Could someone help me out with this? Thanks

Almost sounds like you got a bad one from the LFS. Maybe he was already sick or something. Are you sure about your water test numbers?

i did the drip acclimination method but after a second test with a different test kit the ammonia level in my tank was around 0.3 but i'm not sure if thats enough to kill a fish...

Any ammonia is bad. If anything it was enough to stress the fish out. I personally think it was a combo of stress and already sick.

Back
Top Bottom