yellow tang trying to commit suicide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwrmma

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so over the last 2 weeks my yellow tang has gotten his tail stuck on the powerhead intake, and this morning i woke up to finding his whole mouth jammed in the skimmer pump intake and now his mouth is all messed up. is this something anyone else has ever witnessed, or is he just weak and stupid? i do feed garlic with the food, so hopefully his system is strong enough to fight off any infection he might get.

what are his actions currently? (meaning, is he looking sick, is he staying in one spot not moving, etc.) because he could be sick and may not be strong enough to pull away from the suction...

swimming around like he always has and eating well. not sure why he would put his mouth in the powerhead suction. what an idiot! one of these days i'm not going to catch it and he'll end up getting the life sucked out of him. no pun intended.

You`ll need to put some type of media around the intake or some type of guard around it. Here is a gard that I made for my PH and heater for my SH tank. Got it at Walmart for 79 cents a sheet. Some type of plastic kraft board.

Attachments

• 100_0519_120.jpg
    100_0519_120.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_0520_130.jpg
    100_0520_130.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 32
unfortunately he did not survive after all his attempts. his body just took too much of a toll.

Back
Top Bottom