yellow water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my water has a yellow tinge the longer i leave it the yellower it gets. my water parametres are all perfect, has anyone experienced this before.
the only thing i suspect it may be is rusting plant weights?

i have driftwood in there i made sure all the tannins were out of it before i put it in, was good for the first 2 months then started going yellow

i have driftwood in there i made sure all the tannins were out of it before i put it in, was good for the first 2 months then started going yellow

Ah ok, thats my one idea exhausted :lol:

hopefully somebody else might have an idea esp regarding weights, as I said before I have not used them before so can't advise.

Hope it gets solved!

iv just taken them off the plants they were pretty rusty hopefully this will solve it

if you need weights use something inert like lead you may want to run fresh carbon to take any nasties out the rust may have leached

I had an issue with yellowing water. Turned out to be the liquid ferts I was using (well, overusing to be exact).

maybe it could be my ferts i use seachem npk i follow the guidlines on the bottle but i may be doing it wrong

Back
Top Bottom