Yellowing leaves and weakening stems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We need to know your tank setup as well. Pictures of the problem would also be helpful.

Hey, I have a 30g with CO2 injection. I dose Excel, potassium, nitrogen, and trace (all of which are from Seachem.) I run lights 7 hours a day. I forgot the exact details on my lights, but I don't think they are the issue. The stems of my HC have been quite flimsy lately, and it's been 2 weeks since I've planted them.

Here are the pictures
tumblr_mifmcli7PG1qb7zopo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mifmcli7PG1qb7zopo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mifmcli7PG1qb7zopo1_1280.jpg

It may be insufficient ferts. If you're running co2 and good light, you might be depleting your ferts too fast. Have you considered switching to dry ferts?

It may be insufficient ferts. If you're running co2 and good light, you might be depleting your ferts too fast. Have you considered switching to dry ferts?

I'm thinking about that after I run through my liquid ferts. I'm a beginner though, so I'm not sure how to prepare dry ferts.

Dry ferts are actually very easy to mix and use. Here's some info to read. This is the dry fert package you'd need... Micro & Macro | Aquarium Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums.

These are the dosing bottles which makes dosing very easy... Fertilizer Dispenser | 1000 mL (32 oz) | Green Leaf Aquariums.

Here is a good thread about dosing PPS-Pro but only read the openning post not all the comments afterwards... Newbie Guide to PPS-Pro - PPS Analysis and Feedback - Aquatic Plant Central.

Hope this will give you an idea of what dry ferts dosing is all about.

Back
Top Bottom