You "fish" your tank looked this good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also. Recently I have two glofish danios who look like they might be sick. That both are normal sometimes and the next time I look they are laying on the bottom of the tank. They will lay there and then start moving their caudal fin? The back one. But not go anywhere. Anyone know what's going on?

How long would I have to let my tank mature? And what do I need to make them thrive and be healthy?

As long as your tank doesn't fluctuate any of the water perimeters then I'd have to say your good to go.

How necessary is the bubble wall in my tank? I turned it off to see if my micro bubbles would go away. And they did. The tank looks much cleaner and it's quieter.

You don't need bubbles in your tank as long as the surface of the water has good movement from a filter or power head

As long as your tank doesn't fluctuate any of the water perimeters then I'd have to say your good to go.

You don't need bubbles in your tank as long as the surface of the water has good movement from a filter or power head

Thanks Andrew! The water parameters are great. So maybe I'll give it a go with the Bolivians.

Right now have a top fin 40 and a top fin 60 running on it. The movement is ok. I'm not sure if its enough though. What do you think? And if its not do you have a recommendation on what powerhead I should use?

So I have had my bubbles off for a few days now. The tank looks great and the fish seem a lot more happy and move around a lot more. Could the bubbles have made the water quality worse for them some how?
My water tests are perfect.
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- <5
Ph- I believe is 7.8. I did a high range test this morning. I'll post a pic to get other opinions.

image-362698723.jpg

The order from left to right. High range ph, ammonia, nitrite. Nitrate.

It looks like 7.8

The bubbles wouldn't have done anything to the water other than create more flow. Maybe you had to many? So the fish felt crowded in. When they moved they felt like they got swept away. I'm glad to hear they are much better.

Now to get the ball rolling on the other tank. Witch I think the other thread needs updates :)

Does any one do the pea method for their fish to keep their digestive tract healthy? I have neons and glo fish danios right now. If you think I should do that could you give me the details on how to prepare it for them.

Does any one do the pea method for their fish to keep their digestive tract healthy? I have neons and glo fish danios right now. If you think I should do that could you give me the details on how to prepare it for them.

I did this with my platies. They LOVE peas. Just blanch them like you do Zuchinnin or cucumber, just with peas you need to de shell them.

I did this with my platies. They LOVE peas. Just blanch them like you do Zuchinnin or cucumber, just with peas you need to de shell them.

Sorry I do not know what blanch means. Lol. I don't cook much. Thanks for the response. :)

Sorry I do not know what blanch means. Lol. I don't cook much. Thanks for the response. :)

Bring water to a boil, allow the veggies to only cook for a max of 1 minute, no longer. Let the veggie cool. If its a pea, it needs to be shelled. If its just a cucumber or zuchinni, it's ready to throw in the tank once cool. Pretty quick and simple to do :)

Hey everyone. I started to notice that some if my fake plants and drift wood are getting some brown stuff on them. Anyone know what this might be? Water parameters are perfect.

image-332523392.jpg

image-1429189254.jpg

Hey everyone. I started to notice that some if my fake plants and drift wood are getting some brown stuff on them. Anyone know what this might be? Water parameters are perfect.

I had the same, it cleaned off easily...I think it was because I had my lights on for too long, encouraging algae?? Not such a problem now I only have lights on about 5 hours each day. Hope this helps...maybe others might have different ideas as I am not very experienced yet :))

Hey everyone. Just thought I would ask if anyone had any recommendations on what to clean the inside and out side of the glass of my tank. I'm starting to get a little algae or something on the glass. I have seen people use those magnet scrapers. Any thoughts?

JBL Blanki is the best glass cleaner I've used, the magnet cleaners are not worth the money IMO. For the external glass of the tank, old newspaper and vinegar, buffed off with a microfibre cloth - spotless finish.

My water is that clear, as well; good job. THAT'S what an aquarium should look like...:cool:

Further, I also have that natural "pebble rock" gravel you have there -- I'm assuming it's "Top Fin"? -- and did see that "driftwood condo" centerpiece with the plants attached at my local Petsmart as well...I wanted to get it when we were going with the "natural" theme for our 60 gallon before the idea was scrapped...

JBL Blanki is the best glass cleaner I've used, the magnet cleaners are not worth the money IMO. For the external glass of the tank, old newspaper and vinegar, buffed off with a microfibre cloth - spotless finish.

I'll give this a look. Thanks for the advice!

1. Ottocinclus
2. This fish called a magfloat

So the fish ottocinclus does good on that algae? And would it go well in my tank? 37 gal with 2 Bolivian rams. 4 neon tetras and 4 glofish danios. Heavily planted I would say.

And the mag float works well with cleaning the glass?

My water is that clear, as well; good job. THAT'S what an aquarium should look like...:cool:

Further, I also have that natural "pebble rock" gravel you have there -- I'm assuming it's "Top Fin"? -- and did see that "driftwood condo" centerpiece with the plants attached at my local Petsmart as well...I wanted to get it when we were going with the "natural" theme for our 60 gallon before the idea was scrapped...

Thanks!!! I did get all my stuff from petsmart. Only fish place around. :/.

Back
Top Bottom