You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know you love aquariums when your life turns to slight depression when your tanks crash and half or more than half, your fish and plants die and it is like a series of small deaths in the family and you actually go into a mourning phase with anger, sadness, hopelessness, etc. And it kinda still breaks your heart to see the tank(s) in a barren state due the situation. :(

But end up with a little hope beaming through, in planning what might come to be this NEXT time around. :fish2:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Autumnsky. I have the same situation happening to me now as well, getting kinda depressed. :(

If that's real, that's bleak!

Sorry if it happened to you!

. . . You know you love aquariums when somebody else's loss makes you consider things and offer random sympathy to people you've never met and fish you've never seen because, well because losing fish sucks!

Yup very real.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Autumnsky. I have the same situation happening to me now as well, getting kinda depressed. :(
It can be very, very sad.

When you name every single one of your fish & talk to them in a baby voice. Eg, I have a red tailed black shark called Fergul Sharkie & I always talk to him like "how's my widdle Fergul today? Ickle Fergul's becoming a tubby sharky warky" yes I'm strange :3

Typically British!

KatieBunky I do the same thing ;)

You know you love fish when you go out of your way to catch EVERY fry when your guppy drops, even though you don't have enough room for them....that's what friends are for, right? ;)

When the only thing you want to do is watch them,,, and when you take more care of them, than you do of urself!!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Aquarium Advice

You know you love aquariums when you want to do your gold award (100 hours of community service) on raising awareness for betta fish treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When you walk into your lfs (chain store) and the person in the fish section recognized you and brings you over to answer a customers question they don't have an answer for. (happened last week, i stop by way too much...)

When you are doing your hybrid project for biology on guppy/Molly mixes :eek:

When you wrote a 4 page paper for Language Arts on Danio Margaritatus and the whole class thinks you're clinically insane.

When you wrote a 4 page paper for Language Arts on Danio Margaritatus and the whole class thinks you're clinically insane.

For a public speaking class, I once presented a How-To on hatching and raising brine shrimp. Those blank stares...

For a public speaking class, I once presented a How-To on hatching and raising brine shrimp. Those blank stares...

Hahaha!

Did anybody raise there hand and go, "why would you do all that just for some fish?"

I did a class presentation on fish farming last year and I'm not kidding no one knew that fish farming was a real thing lol. People looked at me like I was trying to explain how to farm aliens or something.

May the force be with you.

I did a class presentation on fish farming last year and I'm not kidding no one knew that fish farming was a real thing lol. People looked at me like I was trying to explain how to farm aliens or something.

May the force be with you.

Lol is that what they use Area 51 for XD

I am looking for reliable sources on hybrid fish but I just can't find any .org, .net, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom