You know your fish think you're a total wack job when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scalesojustice said:
i once had a nightmare that my african dwarf frog grew, during the night, into a man-frog and came into my bed room to stare at me while i was sleeping because he was hungry.

8O Sounds like a Stephen King book.

We have a Jaguar at the office that tries to 'kiss' your hand when you put it anything close than 4 inches from the water.
Not very gentle though.

We have a Batfish at school that you can handfeed krill and he sometimes sucks in your finger xD and the Koi try to do that too

But I taught my betta fish to "pose" for me and change direction so I can look them over. It's very good if you're trying to see if they have anything wrong with them. My mollies also will go in any direction I tell them too,it's so awesome hehe... I also used to have a goldfish I taught to do circles for me

My Zebra Danios love to nip at the hair on my arm. It's a pretty freaky feeling.

I've been known to chat with my fish. Especially Augustus the Clown Pleco. He's my buddy.

I love talking to my fish but everyone else I know thinks I'm weird xD

My danios used to do that..they think your food or something o_. lol

My mom talks baby talk to my fish and gets excited when they come up to the glass to see her. LOL

lol! I love the dreams you guys have had! The african frog one, and the one about the fridge and the tank maintenance! lol! Dreams are funny: weird things happen in them but it seems perfectly normal at the time! lol

Fish definitely have individual personalities, even some of the so-called 'boring' ones (mollies and so on: I have one very very naughty black molly who is just HUGE in one tank. She knows where the food gets carried by the current and at feeding time I see her waiting there with her big mouth open ready to catch it all...how lazy is that?!).

Most interesting fish I've kept: figure 8 puffer. He used to watch me type on this very forum! I'd turn to look at him and he'd be up in the top left corner, watching my monitor lol. Scary. You know I bet he was thinking "no no no, you've all got it all wrong!" lol!

Best story I've heard, puffer-related: the LFS lady who taught her mbu puffer to smile (he copied her), and to move out of the way by patting him gently (2' odd long fish lol).

Are we mad for teaching fish to smile, or thinking they're watching us on our computers?

Probably ;-) :)

Back
Top Bottom