You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When your mother starts yelling at you get rocks out if the bathtub because you were cleaning them for you tanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On a similar note, when your wife yells at you to boil the driftwood AFTER dinner because it's taking up half the stove :lol:

On a similar note, when your wife yells at you to boil the driftwood AFTER dinner because it's taking up half the stove :lol:

Lol, my mom did the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey but it's a nice rock

Attachments

• 1452363975659.jpg
    1452363975659.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 80
Good rocks and dw are both worth the tongue lashing we might receive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When you basically make a webcomic about fish jokes for your friends

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Well the driftwood was my christmas gift from my wife so she couldn't get that mad :lol:

One of the pieces of driftwood I have is a gift from one of my few friends that's in to fish. My other driftwood piece is huge and barely fits in my 55g cichlid tank it reaches from the top close left corner to the far right bottom corner, it was in my pond for a while so the tannins were mostly released then, after that I soaked in the bathtub and when none showed up I scrubbed it and put it in the tank.

Attachments

• 1452385862118.jpg
    1452385862118.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 1452385892650.jpg
    1452385892650.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
When you start getting you family and friends fish stuff! I recently helped my grandma set up her new aqueon 10 gallon hood.

Also when you stay after school on a Friday to clean the fish tanks and named all the fish in the school.

When you feel compelled to mention to NEVER boil Saltwater items so you don't get toxic paly poisoning.

I saw this stupid guy on the news who tried to zoas off a rock by boiling it, he almost killed himself and his entire family doing so

When you cannot resist posting the photos of your tanks and inhabitants as if they were your children... and feel every win and loss of everyone else's as if they're the same.

Last edited:
When your friend dumps a fish in your tank that you like but are not sure how to care off and you research till midnight doing a 1 and a half hour acclimation for your new oto. Then you stay up the whole night hoping you did everything right and that you won't come back to a dead body the next morning

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Did it two nights ago... 3 hour acclamation and still had 1 of three dead in the morning. I want to give up on them. 6 out of 9 haven't made it and it bums me out.

Did it two nights ago... 3 hour acclamation and still had 1 of three dead in the morning. I want to give up on them. 6 out of 9 haven't made it and it bums me out.

....you are bummed out when a tiny little fish dies... :(

They are delicate in a transition. Just buy 1.5 to 2x what you think you will need for the tank. Preferrably on sale.

....you take your friend for a quick stop at lfs you never get to go to and can name most of the sw and fw plants and inhabitants...

oh and they aren't named Nemo or Dora

.....and ask the clerks for types of fish they never and/ or almost never stock...

.... You walk into a Chinese food restaurant and name all the species in the tank they have... Then think to yourself the size of tank you would prefer for the fish along with matching aquarium decor/substrate...

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

.... You walk into a Chinese food restaurant and name all the species in the tank they have... Then think to yourself the size of tank you would prefer for the fish along with matching aquarium decor/substrate...

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

Me too! Lol
Or you tell them that fish doesn't belong in there with that one, and give them a lecture!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Back
Top Bottom