your ideas on a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was thinking of adding anouther fish too my tank mabey some kind of puffer( leaning towards) the tank is 70gallons with humu humu trigger and a snow flake moray eel, the tank is probably full with those 2 but whats your opinion?

how big are those two?

Since you are getting limited on room and you do have a fairly aggressive tank, I would recommend a Harlequin Tusk (as long as it is the same size as your trigger) or a Yellow Tang. I would not go with a puffer but if you are dead set on getting one I would go with a Dogface or a Panda puffer.

I've got a Harlequin Tusk now, but I've had a Dogface puffer. Personally I'd prefer a Dogface Puffer because I think they have more character. But either should be ok I think.

triggers said:
how big are those two?

Since you are getting limited on room and you do have a fairly aggressive tank, I would recommend a Harlequin Tusk (as long as it is the same size as your trigger) or a Yellow Tang. I would not go with a puffer but if you are dead set on getting one I would go with a Dogface or a Panda puffer.

the trigger is about 4" and the snow flake is around 10"
iv see the tusk acouple of time and like them im not set on a puffer, just thought they where cool, do you think the bio-load would be a little high or the fish cramped if i put a tusk in there?

Tell me more about your tank....

I would go for a dog-faced puffer and do something to offset the increase in bioload like adding Chemi-Pure to your sump.... or maybe increase the bioballs (if you use them) or the LR (if that's your method)

Well I have 3 tanks, 180, 75, 29.

180- currently I have a Goldentail Moray Eel, Undulated Triggerfish, and Niger Triggerfish. I use a Wet/Dry filter with a Mag 1800 pump I also use activated carbon.

75-currently I have a Golden Puffer ($270 fish but my wife had to have it :lol: ), Lunare Wrasse, and yellowtail damsel. I also use a wet/dry filter with activated carbon.

29-currently I have a Blue Throat Triggerfish, Marine Betta, Percula Clownfish, Cowfish. All of these fish are very small and very shy. I use a hang on the back filter with activated carbon.

if your talking too me i have a 70 gal snowflake moray eel and a humu humu trigger, for filtration i have an aqua clear 300, aqua clear 150, fluval 204 and a regent power hear rated at 150gal per hour, the filter have carbon and zeo-carb and biomax ceramic tubes

Back
Top Bottom