Zebra Babaulti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libertybelle

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thinking about making my first ‘expensive’ shrimp purchase. I’ve only ever done cherries before...

But now the cherries are breeding like crazy and I want to try my hand at something new in there (that won’t cross breed.)

My source water is on the harder/ higher pH side and the substrate is inert sand so I thought I’d get some zebra babaulti which reportedly do fine in these conditions like the cherries. From what I can tell they are higher form breeders like RCS though are reportedly slower breeders than cherry shrimp.

Anyone had these shrimp before? I’m not an expert shrimp keeper by any means but the cherries are doing well and I am hoping the new ones will at least breed at replacement level!

Well I guess I’ll let you guys know instead!

They look pretty striking and I love that they can apparently share the tank with cherries in set ups that don’t have normal shrimp breeding ph. My ph is currently at 7.4 (thanks to driftwood i think, normal ph in this area is crazy high for shrimp. 7.8-8 sometimes.)

Here’s hoping they do well.

Back
Top Bottom