Zebra Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ya, i like em too. they can live in a wide variety of water conditions, water temp should range from 73-80*f, about 2''full grown, there are long finned varieties as well...checkered barbs, harlequin or red rasbora are great tankmates who like to bein larger groups

doogle said:
ya, i like em too. they can live in a wide variety of water conditions, water temp should range from 73-80*f, about 2''full grown, there are long finned varieties as well...checkered barbs, harlequin or red rasbora are great tankmates who like to bein larger groups

Good to hear thanks alot

Haven't seen anyone really house danios (especially that many) in a tank that large. Seems very interesting.

I've always been of the mindset that a bigger tank would allow me to keep bigger fish, but keeping a larger number of small fish does seem like it could be pretty neat.

I wonder how a 60g of all tiger barbs would do. I think those fish look amazing when they school.

Don't know what sort of theme you're going for but you could always use glofish as well. They're zebra danios that have had a natural fluorescence gene breed into them. Its completely humane to the fish and actually is a science being used to help detect water pollution.

I saw a large school ( shoal ) at a good fish store last week. My 6 yr old daughter was with me. We we're looking at guppies as this was the original plan. She kept going back to the danios and just wanted to watch them so I took my cue from her. I am going to add 6 at a time until I get to 30 or 40. May mix it up with leapords and zebras. Good luck to you. Keep me updated
, ok... Wayne the Deckape

I was trying to convince my dad to do a seventy five of tiger barbs only, but now I'm gonna see if he'll do saltwater. Then I get to post threads with questions in saltwater!! Lol, wish me luck on the convincing!

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Good luck. If he is money savvy, he will say nope...Saltwater is EXPENSIVE.. . Good luck to ya...

Yea I may get some glo fish but I don't want those international orange and green and red ones. Not for me... The glofish online are expensive, 7 to 8 bucks each. The leopards and zebras will probally what I get. I wish the tank would cycle already. I am in my nitrite spike now. Nitrates got up to over 180 and my ph got down to 6.6. Did two 75 % water changes and got the ph back to 7.5 and the nitrates to 40. Nitrites are at 5. I am just putting in 1ml of ammonia just to keep the bacteria eating. If all goes well, next week by Friday then I will have my first installment of zebra danios in a tank that was cycled for them, not with them.

Still at 5 on nitrites. 7 on ph. 80 on nitrates. Consuming 2 ppm of ammonia in 12 hours or less. The question is, do I keep the nitrates below 180? I read somewhere on here, that if the nitrates get too high the cycle will stall. I did 2 major water changes yesterday to get the nitrates to 5. Now they are 80ish. Do I just wait or do water changes every time they get to 180?

I've personally found that a large school with one or two big fish are really pretty. For example, get 20-30 danios and a swordtail.

If your nitrates or nitrites get to high the cycle will stall. Keep up with those water changes. I just finished cycling my 30G and it took me a few days to figure out that it had stalled because my nitrates and nitrates got too high.

I have 4 long finned zebra/leopard danios. I love them but they don't really seem to school for me.

Thanks, just got thru with a big PWC...80%. The nitrites were above 5. Nitrates above 80 and ph was 6.2. I put in some silk plant decorations in as well as some plastic breeder grass while I was close to having an empty tank. I tested it an hour later and the ammonia was at .5, nitrites at 2 and nitrates at .5, ph at 7.2

I can't wait for this cycle to get done so I can get some fish finally. But at least none were hurt in this process.
You can fit a few more in a 30 gallon if you want. I have read they need 6 to 10 to school.

I think that would be cool. A blank canvas is what I have. Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming

Have you ordered from them? They have nice fish.

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom