Zebra knife fish, anybody got, have or had one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishhooked

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iv just acquired this for a tank mate for my rtc and a couple others. Iv been building this tank and one previous all around this red tail. I try to get things that'll grow with him and not be his food.

So about a week ago I added this zebra knife fish. it's about 8-9in and QUICKLY settled Into its new 180gal home. It's my fault, but I had a black ghost knife fish. i knew I needed to get him out but I didn't quick enough. He was still alive when I found him but missing a big jaw size chunk out of his body. Resembled the zebras jaw.

So tonight I go look. I work nights and check them out and night and he's very active. As is my rtc. He's about 5-6 or so. But his fins(like everyone) are mangled. My rtc has had a couple issues before but has stuck it out. but he's looking rough.

So does anyone know anything about these. From. I personal experience? I know he won't compare to my rtc but as of now he's alittle bigger. Thanks for the info.

Bumping this thread. My rtc is now hiding behind the powerhead, that's not supposed to happen.

It sounds like you have the most over stocked tank in the world.

I have a Oscar who's only like 3in or so, a needle nose gar who's prob like 8-9in, zebra knife fish who's about 8-9in and a red tail cat who's about 5-6in. All in a 180gal. I know it'll be small eventually but I'd say right now there's more then enough sufficient space

Back
Top Bottom