Zer0's 40 Leagues Under the Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WC day; Before Pics during feeding:

75-zuIRYUdhvJibt3Vt1UvRwUKwCrPH3wRrqnzWEYbk=w1284-h963-no

1mSndnhw9pqPDJ2eNQ0iw6B91BaBcCPXu1jpS2yWC6A=w1284-h963-no

5RgJwnP6sssxA9BvMii0fiXrKeyhXQAXEVYTqToVnvg=w1284-h963-no

j1Rb3qOwQJkROWaXCVpOoPHDY44sjisZRSY9J-_86LY=w1284-h963-no

After WC and Trimming: Bloodfins and Phantoms are fitting in very well! I guess you just never see how beautiful a fish gets until its home and acclimated.

bjukaODM_fbs7b0wP2MShIABMPtQgJswlXammeLm4Fc=w1327-h995-no

F-D0s6I86vOH_GApR5EuyfkoMG1RVk3wwzlrWrrviCM=w1327-h995-no

lDVDWd3RvkVatvQBDCs_7Few-H0nwIHO-12y-J7iFtk=w1327-h995-no

That's a major retrim! Did not realize how over grown it was until I looked at the before and after pics. Tetras have so much room now.
Still have my eye on the Rotala wallichii and it looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Growing in very nicely!
The fish look very happy(y)
Tank is looking nice.

Thanks guys!

That's a major retrim! Did not realize how over grown it was until I looked at the before and after pics. Tetras have so much room now.
Still have my eye on the Rotala wallichii and it looks good.

Yeah, the plants on the back row were pretty large, I threw most of the clippings out, but picked some of them to go into the 36g.

Yeah the Wallichii is holding up pretty good, I know I have one dead stem now, and threw one out earlier this week. But with how beat it was when I got them, I am encouraged to see the new growth coming in. Also dosing a little extra liquid Iron now, hoping to have it bring out more color in it and the gracilis.

Tank looks killer, man! I take it you're satisfied with the dual 24/7's?

I need to figure out my lighting situation. My walichii isn't doing so hot, other than the blyxa not much else is.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Tank looks killer, man! I take it you're satisfied with the dual 24/7's?

I need to figure out my lighting situation. My walichii isn't doing so hot, other than the blyxa not much else is.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Yeah I can def say I am, this tank is in 24/7 mode unlike my other. I think that walichii needs very strong lighting and some luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My CO2 delivery sucks. I might need to clean my diffuser. I'm really disappointed with my regulator. Flow is not consistent. Need to upgrade!

My CO2 delivery sucks. I might need to clean my diffuser. I'm really disappointed with my regulator. Flow is not consistent. Need to upgrade!

Yeah it could be, I know my Paintball setup had issues when i first got it. Flow not consistent, but all i had to do was take off the reg and work it really good. Turning it from full to off over and over, my flow stabilized and no issues since.

You could do an overnight soak in hydrogen peroxide while it is still connected to the regulator. I do this from time to time to keep the diffuser clean. I put the diffuser in a small zip lock bag, add some H2O2 and place that in a cup. Of course you get a more thorough cleaning by connecting it to a syringe and drawing fluid in and out of it.
I've used bleach as well but this required quite a bit of rinsing in water and Prime.
Yes, the Aquatek is a bit touchy. The less I have to mess with it, the better. That's why I try to keep the diffuser connected.

What's up Zero!
How're you running your co2 during the 24/7 mode?
These fixtures are the bee's knee's!
sit in silence...

What's up Zero!
How're you running your co2 during the 24/7 mode?
These fixtures are the bee's knee's!
sit in silence...

Hey hey! I believe mine kicks on at 6am, par ramp starts at about 9am, co2 turns off at 4pm when par is down for the rest of the night. This link shows the PAR values over time, so you can tune your adjustments.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showpost.php?p=7839081&postcount=209

Yeah I am loving it!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well... Its empty now.. I cleared out the Sunset, and cut back some of the Ludwigia Repins. I have some new plants coming in the next week or so, and these empty spots will be there new home!

VtdWe1EkwGrTH_JPVKIeBBPL3Hhtxd4rNhnO2aBKaOo=w1274-h956-no

jTbJqijO62BdphN1bliIkCPhdWeT7-B_EP-quLOw7Ak=w1274-h956-no

RD6LigcK0GlIh2g3I_W4UfvUTO7gMxA5lNukfSWYu6Y=w1274-h956-no

Well... Its empty now.. I cleared out the Sunset, and cut back some of the Ludwigia Repins. I have some new plants coming in the next week or so, and these empty spots will be there new home!

VtdWe1EkwGrTH_JPVKIeBBPL3Hhtxd4rNhnO2aBKaOo=w1274-h956-no

jTbJqijO62BdphN1bliIkCPhdWeT7-B_EP-quLOw7Ak=w1274-h956-no

RD6LigcK0GlIh2g3I_W4UfvUTO7gMxA5lNukfSWYu6Y=w1274-h956-no

What new plants are you bringing to the party?
Jog my memory plz,are you dosing pps-pro or ei?

sit in silence...

What new plants are you bringing to the party?
Jog my memory plz,are you dosing pps-pro or ei?

sit in silence...

I should have some AR Mini, and Rotala Macrandra coming in another week. Also should be getting some pogostemon stellatus sp. 'octopus' this week sometime. Since today is WC day, I figured I would make room for them now.

EI Dosing over here.. Just a nice an easy set it and forget it kind of method.

Back
Top Bottom