Zer0's 40 Leagues Under the Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would you mind sharing the current dosing levels & procedure ?

sit in silence...

500ml Macro Bottle -30ml dose-:
KNO3 0g (I stock heavy)
KH2P04 4.7g
K2SO4 42.17g

500ml Micro Bottle -15ml dose-:
Micro 38.64g

Mon, Wed, Fri = Macro
Tues, Thurs, Sat = Mirco

Sunday - Do nothing but WC and Trim

500ml Macro Bottle -30ml dose-:
KNO3 0g (I stock heavy)
KH2P04 4.7g
K2SO4 42.17g

500ml Micro Bottle -15ml dose-:
Micro 38.64g

Mon, Wed, Fri = Macro
Tues, Thurs, Sat = Mirco

Sunday - Do nothing but WC and Trim

50% WC on Sunday?

sit in silence...

50% WC on Sunday?

sit in silence...

Yeah, normally more like 50-75%... Just depends on when I remember to check on the tank level while draining, or do I hear the slurping from the tank being below my water changer tubing :whistle:

The hardest part is making sure I have enough RO water to do both tanks... Some times I gotta wait 5-6hrs because top offs during the week drained my supply (and i forgot to check Fri/Sat night)..

Man I cannot wait for a basement :brows:

New Plants! Thanks Fresh on the hookup with this great looking plants!

Pogo Stellatus Octopus
Rotala Macrandra
S. Repens
Limno Aromatica

S1sFsPC5o07855RABm2rnqvmdSm_QjLhPeohR8Ao-xM=w2118-h1588-no

DAqSgQ_n3mpXaUPyiMbHYNMpTySQcne8yQRqPNFW0Hw=w2118-h1588-no

xZfBnkj8OkiOKbsZ6wA4sTJNi-McqkGwBXuNQWzXRSU=w2118-h1588-no

Some much room for activities! The new additions look good in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

New Plants! Thanks Fresh on the hookup with this great looking plants!

Pogo Stellatus Octopus

Rotala Macrandra

S. Repens

Limno Aromatica

S1sFsPC5o07855RABm2rnqvmdSm_QjLhPeohR8Ao-xM=w2118-h1588-no

DAqSgQ_n3mpXaUPyiMbHYNMpTySQcne8yQRqPNFW0Hw=w2118-h1588-no

xZfBnkj8OkiOKbsZ6wA4sTJNi-McqkGwBXuNQWzXRSU=w2118-h1588-no

I like it! Tank looks sweet, love those Bolivians too, all around amazing color and contrast! Amazing job!

Purple? Nobody ever said anything about purple! Looks like those plants are in good hands. Carry on!
Is that rotala wallichii on the right side?

Purple? Nobody ever said anything about purple! Looks like those plants are in good hands. Carry on!
Is that rotala wallichii on the right side?

Yeah, the tops are getting a pinkish purple hue to them. Yep, I moved the wallichii to the right to keep it out of the path of the Eheim Skimmer. Hoping it will cut down on the detritus that gets stuck in it. May eventually move it to the rear in the middle. Not sure yet.

I just noticed that some of the stray pogo octopus leaves will develop roots on their own. More plants!

Dude....both you're 40 & 36 are lookin good!
Purple on the octo?

sit in silence...

Thanks TT!
haha, maybe they're dying... I dunno, but the top section is def not green like the bottoms and it has yellow,pink,purple hues to it.

I just noticed that some of the stray pogo octopus leaves will develop roots on their own. More plants!

What is the propagation like? Just cut the nearest node, replant, 2 more appear? I wont be doing that for another couple of weeks "if thats how its done", still waiting for them all to get situated and accustomed to my tank parms.

Fresh what are you parms Kh/Gh?

Any opinions of me pulling the Broadleaf Ludwigia out of the back and replacing it with the Wallichi?

Any opinions of me pulling the Broadleaf Ludwigia out of the back and replacing it with the Wallichi?

Sounds good to me. The plants look great! I'd like to see more though; either a denser planting or more of a hardscape, but that's just me.

Edit: BTW, what plant is on the far left (in front of the R. Indica/Rotundifolia) of this picture? https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=WU9CUEQ3dnpibm9wbjlGNHpiU282NlFramlnYzF3

It's bugging me because it looks familiar.

Back
Top Bottom