Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pick ups Ziggy. What did you use to glue the blue hornets or any of the polyps you have? Do you take the rocks out of the tank when you want to glue them down. What is the whole process there.

For the zoas I put a tiny bit of superglue gel on the rock or disc and then carefully place the foot or bottom of the zoa on the glue. It pretty much adheres instantly. Kind of like getting superglue on your finger.

For other frags like the Poker star I do remove the rock that I'm glueing the frag to from the tank. I use a paper towel to dry the area on the rock that I'm going to glue the frag and I also dry the back side of the frag. I put the superglue gel on the rock and then put the frag onto the glue. After the frag has glue on it I remove it from the rock and spray the accelerator on the rock only and then quickly place the frag back on the glue. I hold it in place for a few seconds and then put it back into the tank. I use this procedure pretty much all the time when glueing frags.

When placing frags into the main reef I will use a 2 part epoxy to attach the frag plug or rubble on the main rock structure.

Ziggy do you ever come to any swaps in ohio or in Kentucky or somewhere in the middle of Columbus and the D.C. area?

Ummm...I know this is an old post, but what kind of suction cups are you talking about? I have a **** of a time moving my empty 125 gal glass tank around. I have been using 6" dia. aluminum conduit to roll it around on. Kind of like moving stones for a pyramids. I have been trying to figure out how to get it on a stand. It has always sat on a 2x6 frame on the floor. Any ideas?

Their the suction cups that glass installers or granite installers use.

Thanks for the info. I found some on Amazon.com. They'll lift 350 lbs. My husband is worried that lifting them with suction cups could rack the frame around and cause the tank to leak. How tough is a 125 gal glass tank? I wouldn't think they would be that fragile.

It shouldn't rack the frame. The bottom frame is for looks, the top frame is the one you're worried about. Call the manufacturer of the tank if you want to be certain. how big is the tank? lxwxh?

I agree with Neilan. The cups aren't really needed on that tank. I used them on the 150 which weighed a lot. I also used them on the 120 though could have gotten away without. They do offer a nice handle to hang onto when moving a tank around but not something that you should run out and buy to use one time. The ones I have came from a member in my local club, he got them from Glasscages.com.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. I'll see how it goes. I'm a little squirt so my lifting capacity is somewhat limited. It was set up for me in the begining...but on a small platform only 6" high. Once I have it cleaned out I can get a better sense on what it is going to take to lift it up on a higher stand. The new stand is on 24" off the ground, so it shouldn't be too bad.

LOL! Good answer...I like that! I've been thinking of asking some of the MMA guys at the dojo to help. I'm sure they could be enticed for a six pack or two.

Well I'm not 100% sure yet but it appears that my anemone went through a change last night. You be the judge.

dsc0448medium.jpg

Whoa, congrats Ziggy! I know you were thinking about splitting it but had decided to leave it alone. Looks like you made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom