Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol this thread is awesome. Such a beautiful tank! I know, it's been said repeatedly, but it's that gorgeous!! You've definitely inspired me to consider upping my game on my 55g!
:D:sly:;)

Thank you so much!

I'm glad you can take some inspiration from my tank and thread!

Let me know when you start on your upgrade! I want to follow along!

What is the red plant on the left side? Macranda or something else?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And of course what you all want to see...the tank after trimming and water change:

A pic of the tank before I was completely finished - top isn't on and the light being used is my new 24" light for the ADA tank.
Ry44Gxc.jpg

Here's the finished tank
bUZezcU.jpg

QoN39W9.jpg

X8dD1GP.jpg

You deserve TOTM! Nice contrast and the slope gives the tank depth. A+

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What is the red plant on the left side? Macranda or something else?

The deep red plant upper left of the tank is AR - Alternanthera Reineckii, to the right of that is Ammannia Gracilis and between the AR and the Monte Carlo is Rotala Rotundifolia

Nothing very exciting in the tank today. I found a dead shrimp. I believe it got sucked into the MP10. I had one wedged in there a few days go. Silly shrimps.

Meh. Tanks looks the same (IMPRESSIVE).
Before and after shot would have some impact though.

I assume those are cars in the last pic. Wicked storm and the wind is howling still.
I opened the back door to find this:
wxeVWr7h.jpg
Having fun clearing the driveway:
yB1aoK0h.jpg

Got an update yesterday from UPS that deliveries to VA, WV, and KY would be delayed. I hope the package that was supposed to be here yesterday is at least somewhere warm.

Hope everything goes all right for everyone on the east coast, but you can keep all that white stuff!

Aside from the new LED configuration, what's next with this tank? Any changes in stocking? Don't get me wrong, this setup in gorgeous as is. Just curious if you get bored after a while with it and then shift your focus on your other builds.

Back
Top Bottom