Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10352-albums14473-picture69767.jpg

My tanks like a 1 compared to yours lol.

Hey at least I can grow the heck out of crypts!
pzaKZcI.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol thanks man! Your tanks looking gorgeous! Definitely a well deserved totm.

UGH!!!!!!!

I'm trimming plants and dealing with a little algae issue. :-/ The tank looks great but there is this flipping algae driving me crazy so I am manually pulling it all out. I have been at it for over 2 hours. I'm wet and my hands are all wrinkly!

UGH!!!!!!!

I'm trimming plants and dealing with a little algae issue. :-/ The tank looks great but there is this flipping algae driving me crazy so I am manually pulling it all out. I have been at it for over 2 hours. I'm wet and my hands are all wrinkly!

I never enjoyed long tank maintenance when I had a high tech build. I found that is was nearly impossible to keep algae away if I didn't do huge water changes.

I never enjoyed long tank maintenance when I had a high tech build. I found that is was nearly impossible to keep algae away if I didn't do huge water changes.

I do pretty large water changes weekly. I think I got this from the moss I put in the tank a month ago. It is just a tough algae to keep under control because it gets down deep in the plant, specifically the DHG. I've chopped mine down really short and have scraped most of this crap out.

Now I have to water change and refill the tank.

Are these very fine hair/string type algae? I've been dealing with some rather new (last 2 weeks) algae in my shrimp tank. Primary with the red moss (which is actually an algae). Fine hairs growing within the red moss. I used tongs and a twirling motion (the tongs, not me) to snare and remove it. Pretty it will be back as I am merely removing the stuff that tears free.

No that is not the same thing I'm talking about. This is called blanket weed. It's much tougher than what you are talking about. not as long and stringy

It looks meh.
Jk. Is this the one with the blanket weed? Marvelous job with its removal.

It looks meh.
Jk. Is this the one with the blanket weed? Marvelous job with its removal.

Thanks!

Yes this is the tank I pulled all the blanket weed out of. Even if I had taken pics of it before the removal you wouldn't have seen it. It was deep in the dwarf hair grass. I literally raked the grass to pull it out.

Back
Top Bottom