Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a piece of clear tube that I was going to use for the reactor for that very reason however I couldn't find a way of connecting it to PVC. It is an odd size and making the transition from the clear tube to pvc was proving to be nearly impossible. I wanted to use it so I could see what's happening inside as well. Maybe I will just order a clear acrylic tube that is closer to standard size and try again.

I'm not sure what you mean....

About the drop checker? Just wondering if you had 2-3 of them in the tank (left, right, middle) if you would be seeing the same color on all of them.
Or the green could mean that your CO2 is optimal (plants are using it up as fast as it is dissolving into the water).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

About the drop checker? Just wondering if you had 2-3 of them in the tank (left, right, middle) if you would be seeing the same color on all of them.
Or the green could mean that your CO2 is optimal (plants are using it up as fast as it is dissolving into the water).

I only have one on the tank. My return is in the center of the tank and the mp10 is pushing water from the right to the left where the drop checker is.

That is a good idea to add one to the left and middle of the tank to see what's going on throughout the tank.

hmmm.....

Is the calibration solution 4dkh RO? >_> That's perfect 7 pH. If you have the stuff for raising gH, you can mix your own calibration solution.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Is the calibration solution 4dkh RO? >_> That's perfect 7 pH. If you have the stuff for raising gH, you can mix your own calibration solution.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I thought about that actually. My concern is I will only have one solution to calibrate with and I need something at 4.0pH as well. I ordered calibration solutions last night I'll just wait for them to come in and do it right.

Good thought though.

Winner winner! Like a complete idiot I forgot that we have a state-of-the-art lab at work and of course have tons of pH calibration solutions. Calibration will happen tonight right after I get home from bowling!

Lab, bowling, calibrating...full day.
What is the GH & KH?
I would monitor pH multiple times during the course of the day to get a better average value.

Lab, bowling, calibrating...full day.
What is the GH & KH?
I would monitor pH multiple times during the course of the day to get a better average value.

KH is 3 GH is 6 - Now that the pH probe is in the tank I am recording and can graph the swing over 24 hours and see what it is doing. My 54g tank is right at 6.9 - 7 so I know my water is pretty much neutral.

I will have a better idea over the next couple of days when I can look at the data. My guess is the bog wood and the CO2 is driving the pH way down.

I need help I think.

My pH has steadily dropped to 6.12 with a peak of 6.6 overnight. I'm not sure that this is a good thing.

Help me freshies!

Assuming that is the absolute min and maxes that is not too bad at all.

I need help I think.

My pH has steadily dropped to 6.12 with a peak of 6.6 overnight. I'm not sure that this is a good thing.

Help me freshies!

Tbh I have not measured the pH in my tank at different times of the day. But it makes sense since you are injecting CO2. Just not sure how much of a swing is "okay" and would additional buffers reduce the fluctuation.

Assuming that is the absolute min and maxes that is not too bad at all.

I've only collected 24 hours worth of data so far. I have my RKE recording pH. Based on the graph it is a gradual shift high to low and the same back to high overnight. It's not radical swings I just thought this was rather low.

I'm used to a pH of 8.2-8.4 for salt water and when I see a reading of 6.17 I freak out.

So I know everyone is just itching to see new pics of the tank....

I did a water change and cleaned up a few things in the tank. I'm not going to freak too much about the pH considering things are doing well. The fish and shrimp do not seem stressed so if they are happy I am happy.

PICS -

3MGNbgb.jpg

2nPYD0P.jpg

1ZHPcZN.jpg

lyB6YVR.jpg

FTS -

I7QNx4W.jpg

U9hJhfy.jpg

It's looking pretty good I think....

Oh I forgot to mention I orders some new moss for the tank. I have fissidens fontanus and Vesicularia sp Triangle on the way. The Fissidens is going on the DW that is bare. I don't know where I will put the other but I'll find a spot.

Not at all. Cardinal tetras can tolerate very low pH for example, lower than 6 even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I know everyone is just itching to see new pics of the tank....

I did a water change and cleaned up a few things in the tank. I'm not going to freak too much about the pH considering things are doing well. The fish and shrimp do not seem stressed so if they are happy I am happy.

PICS -

3MGNbgb.jpg

2nPYD0P.jpg

1ZHPcZN.jpg

lyB6YVR.jpg

FTS -

I7QNx4W.jpg

U9hJhfy.jpg

It's looking pretty good I think....

Sick,just sick man!

sit in silence...

Back