Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha! I suppose that makes sense to some degree....though I don't know about you but I don't work on my fish tanks outside....:blink:

Summer in Chicago is much better than winter though. No freezing between the car and indoors lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone else threads but that tank with the path way looks remarkable
You should enter some contests, seriously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

haha...I'm not sure it is that good. This is my first real attempt at a fancy planted system. I have a lot to learn still.

Geez it's mild here 50 miles to the east of chicago. Today is a little chilly but hey its snowing!

Brenna

It has been a mild winter but now its looking like Ole Father Winter is done taking a tongue lashing from Mother Nature lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A few pics of the tank from today....Nothing new to report really. Oh wait..one of the tetras died. Tested the water and everything is within normal ranges. Not sure as to the cause of the death but everything else seems happy and healthy.

8MyTl0I.jpg

jAiC4up.jpg

q45jG2R.jpg

hyeqEpK.jpg

It died because it thought it was already in heaven and it could stop breathing. Better let the rest know it's just an illusion!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't ordered dry ferts in a long time. Where do you guys order from?

I need to replace the solutions in my dosing system and clean the pumps. I also need to do some filter maintenance this weekend. The hoses are a little gross looking so I'm sure the filter is full of gunk. It's been several weeks since I opened the canister up.

Anyone else use Purigen? I have it running on this tank.

It's getting close to time for me to do a major chop of the plants. I have been holding off cutting the AR and the Monte Carlo back, I think it's time.

I got mine from GLA for a decent price $15 plus $7 shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I took a few pics of the tank this evening....

hNCqQ9n.jpg

FqyhDFA.jpg

Pretty much looks the same as it did a few days ago in the pics however the plants have grown a lot so I will have to trim them again this weekend.

You know what's it's going to look like next week?
Just as good! Stahhhhp! ?
Serious eye candy there.

You know what's it's going to look like next week?
Just as good! Stahhhhp! ?
Serious eye candy there.

LOL thanks. I guess the impact is lost on me as I see it every day and it looks the same to me.

I'm going to have to deal with a minor algae issue that has suddenly popped up. :-/ Cladophora, Blanket Weed. According to my reading it is due to low CO2 (I find that hard to believe with how much I'm injecting) and low nutrients. I buy the nutrient issue considering I have an enormous plant mass now and they are sucking up every drop of nutrient faster than I can get it in the tank. I will remix my ferts this weekend, clean the filter and pull as much of that crap out as I can find.

Low ferts sounds like a culprit. The increased plant mass will deplete levels. I use the standard PPS-pro dosing, however, I triple the phosphate. That has eliminated the GSA I was seeing.
I understand the everyday thing. But it is a treat to the AA world for sure.

Low ferts sounds like a culprit. The increased plant mass will deplete levels. I use the standard PPS-pro dosing, however, I triple the phosphate. That has eliminated the GSA I was seeing.
I understand the everyday thing. But it is a treat to the AA world for sure.

I does PPS Pro as well. I just have auto dosers that deliver a specified amount of solution to the tank. I think I have a blockage in the lines and they aren't dosing what they should be. I will have to deal with that tomorrow.

I have my phosphate increased by 15% I may need to take that up a bit more now that the plants have grown in.

I took a few pics of the tank this evening....

hNCqQ9n.jpg

FqyhDFA.jpg

Pretty much looks the same as it did a few days ago in the pics however the plants have grown a lot so I will have to trim them again this weekend.

All your set ups are bomb Ziggy! I hope to eventually have something half as nice as these. Just run across this thread, thumbs up. ❤

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All your set ups are bomb Ziggy! I hope to eventually have something half as nice as these. Just run across this thread, thumbs up. ❤

Thanks a lot!

Keep at it you will get there I know it. Im not doing anything special other than taking my time and doing a lot of research. Anyone can accomplish awesome results with research and time!

Oh I'm all about research. I've been researching for like 6 months now before I'm finally gathering supplies lol. Hubby has been a little jealous of my attention ? he is like "you ever going to get your nose out of you phone and just order something??"

Back
Top Bottom