Zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkociban

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can you put zoas next to each other. I have like 3 different types and wanted to put the together.

Yes and no.. it will limit the ones in the middle of the rest so it will limit its colony size.. just place them with future growth in mind for best coverage and effect

Ok thanks just wanted to know if I could put them close but not on top of each other. My space is kind of limited haha

A good way to do it if your patient lol is take a nice central rock and place the different zoas around that rock so they encrusts onto it. Once they all do then you can sell you frags and you'll have a multi color central rock

Not to hijack the thread but I thought I've read in a coral book I got that some zoas cannot be placed together. I could be wrong. I myself have several types together but as stated before I too give them grow out space.

I have about 5-6 different zoas growing into one an other and there doing just fine. LFS sell tri color zoa rocks and some get big bucks for them.

Mrc8858 said:
A good way to do it if your patient lol is take a nice central rock and place the different zoas around that rock so they encrusts onto it. Once they all do then you can sell you frags and you'll have a multi color central rock

Just saw this... ^^^^^ basically what this says. In the end it will look awesome!

Well let me know when you wanna get rid of them I may need to spice up my zoa section ;)

Pink zoas ones with a bright orange inside and the one from you.

Redish on the pink and I forget the other but will tell you tomorrow when they open back up.

Back
Top Bottom