Zoo's not fully opening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a rock about the size of a softball covered in pink/orange zoo's for 30$ at the LFS the other day.

I also got some Green star polyps about the same size.

I them in my tank which is under 9.6 watts per gallon, they were under metal halide at the LFS. I drip acclimated them over an hour and a half, and then put them high on my rock right under my light. The zoos are in medium flow, and the GSP are in an area of stronger flow.

The GSP opened fully within an hour and have been opening for the last three days.

The zoos however have been only opening partially, some parts of the rock havent opened up fully.

Is this normal after moving to a new tank?

My water is good, NO2-0, NO3-2.5, NH3/4-0, PH is 8.2, Alk is high, Temp 79* ......

Should I just give them more time?....I was under the impression zoos were easy to keep?

They're pretty easy to keep. They haven't died. :) I think when I got mine it took a few days for them to open up. They're probably fine.

try repositioning them and be patent they may just need time to adjust to the new tank

I will post some pics later......

They are curved under the rock, so some of them are not getting light, but it is obvious that this is the way they have always grown. But some of the polyps on the bottom of the rock are opening, and some on top are not opening.

Some zoos may take a few days to acclimate to the new enviroment. I got a small frag of man-eater zoos (sp?) last week and it took 2 of the polyps 3 days to finally open

Back
Top Bottom