10 gallon african cichlid tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abig7ben

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just some pictures of my 15 gallon african cichlid hexagon tank.

image-2860332134.jpg

image-821367080.jpg

Don't take this offensively, but I'd rethink your stock. A red zebra will easily out grow a 15 in a matter of a few months, if that. Rift lake cichlids (OSS from lakes Malawi, Victoria, and and Tanganyika) generally require at least 55 gallons, the main exception being certain tanganyikan species, and obviously there are MANY species that require larger tanks

Don't take this offensively, but I'd rethink your stock. A red zebra will easily out grow a 15 in a matter of a few months, if that. Rift lake cichlids (OSS from lakes Malawi, Victoria, and and Tanganyika) generally require at least 55 gallons, the main exception being certain tanganyikan species, and obviously there are MANY species that require larger tanks

These two are going in to my 55 gallon as soon as they hit 2-3 inches as all of my other Africans are 3-4 inches.

Yeah. It's pretty hard to find fish the size that I have.

Look into nano fish, there's some awesome species for small tanks! Plus you could do shrimp, and if you start feeling adventurous, plants too one of my favorite fish are chili rasboras, a tiny schooling fish.

Look into nano fish, there's some awesome species for small tanks! Plus you could do shrimp, and if you start feeling adventurous, plants too one of my favorite fish are chili rasboras, a tiny schooling fish.

I might try that in one of my other tanks.

Back
Top Bottom