100 gal peacock tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would this work? Tell me what type I could have. Any other things I could add. Rock or plants? And how many could I have in a 100 gallon? It's a 4 1/2 foot by 18 inches. Thanks guys

I'd go benga red shoulders otter point stuff like that those r 3 of my faves

I'd stay under 20 peacocks. They get sorta big and done need to be crowded like mbuna do. If you're not familiar most do all male peacock tanks so the aggression stays down w no ladies to compete for. The trouble with peacocks is that they all look the same til they get about 2 1/2 inch then males start to show colors. If you buy them small get a few of each breed and then trade off the females. You can start w 30 little ones but I'd weed them out as u get some females. I'd like to try that myself next if my mbuna tank doesn't work out or if I get them grown enough for lotsa credit trade in!

I just bought 3 of the following peacocks:

Lwanda
Baenschi
Stuartgranti Ngara
German Red
Sulfurhead

I'm fairly certain I have 1 male baenschi. Hoping for 1 male from each. If not, 30 gal grow out tank will be ready for batch 2 in another couple weeks :)

I'd stay under 20 peacocks. They get sorta big and done need to be crowded like mbuna do. If you're not familiar most do all male peacock tanks so the aggression stays down w no ladies to compete for. The trouble with peacocks is that they all look the same til they get about 2 1/2 inch then males start to show colors. If you buy them small get a few of each breed and then trade off the females. You can start w 30 little ones but I'd weed them out as u get some females. I'd like to try that myself next if my mbuna tank doesn't work out or if I get them grown enough for lotsa credit trade in!

Depends some reach the full 6 inches some stay at 4 inches

Thanks guys all the info is really helping me pice this thing together, have had lots of experience with munbas but I'm ready to branch out with a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom