125 gallon oscars, green phantom pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmunroe

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm a new member, just wanted to put some tank pics up and as I explained in my introduction thread I was having some aggression issues with my 2 "teenage" 8 inch oscars in their 125 gallon tank. My red was picking on my tiger so today I decided enough was enough and moved the red into my 29 gallon tank. He's gonna be in the dog house for a couple days to let the tiger get a break and to see if reintroduction in a couple days will keep the red less territorial. You know cichlids .... Hit or miss sometimes. If it doesn't work I'll keep the red, rehome the tiger and try another oscar or S/A cichlid of some sort. So here are some pics of the tiger with his war wounds and the green phantom in the 125 and the red in the 29 gallon dog house ..... no feeling sorry for the red in his little tank though he's being an Ahole. Lol.

Attachments

• image-1453223660.jpg
    image-1453223660.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 247
  • image-3859246374.jpg
    image-3859246374.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 210
  • image-3035740561.jpg
    image-3035740561.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 206
  • image-1900947210.jpg
    image-1900947210.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 228
  • image-1396423286.jpg
    image-1396423286.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 215
  • image-3948518275.jpg
    image-3948518275.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 210
That is a really nice tank set up you got there. Welcome to AA

Thanks people. The oscars I've had since inchlings, and will keep the red and rehome the tiger if needed. I've had the red the longest and watched him go through a lot, including a couple near deaths when stuck behind rocks upside down. Crazy fish. The green phantom pleco I've had since I set this tank up 9-10 months ago. He has just started to be brave enough to come out at feeding time while I'm in front of the tank in the last month or 2. He is a really cool looking pleco and stays small which is what I was looking for as plecos are as messy as large cichlids when they get big. 125 gallon is small enough for a small pleco to keep clean. Green phantom is omnivorous and requires more meat (protein) than most plecos, so it seemed like a good choice for a large cichlid tank.

They are not common,I believe the "L" number is L200. They are quite pricey as well, around $120 Canadian/ American. The oscars are around $10-20 here depending on size

Awesome tank! Now you have got me looking all over the Internet to find that kind of pleco haha

Here's a video update on my 125 with 2 oscars and a green phantom pleco that have been in the tank for approximately a year and 5 silver dollars which I just let free from behind a divider in the tank a couple of days ago. The silver dollars were growing out in another tank for the last couple of months and then I put them in the 125 behind a clear divider for the last couple of weeks. So far so good. I like watching the dollars school back and forth the 6 foot tank.

http://youtu.be/bD-CTyMkJJo

Here's a video update on my 125 with 2 oscars and a green phantom pleco that have been in the tank for approximately a year and 5 silver dollars which I just let free from behind a divider in the tank a couple of days ago. The silver dollars were growing out in another tank for the last couple of months and then I put them in the 125 behind a clear divider for the last couple of weeks. So far so good. I like watching the dollars school back and forth the 6 foot tank.

http://youtu.be/bD-CTyMkJJo

Love your tank! Your silvers look great! I have silvers also and love to see them school.

That pleco is great looking! Your oscar has some battle wounds for sure. If it was me, I'd return/rehome the red Oscar and heal up your tiger. But I know how attached we get with fish, especially the big guys.

That pleco is great looking! Your oscar has some battle wounds for sure. If it was me, I'd return/rehome the red Oscar and heal up your tiger. But I know how attached we get with fish, especially the big guys.

The tiger is all healed. They heal in a couple days from the minor scratches and will go a couple months then have a little fight again. I want to keep them both so I hope the fighting doesn't get worse

Back
Top Bottom