125g south american tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The krobia are by far my favorite in there, great looking fish.

How do all the geos get along, do they school with each other or stick to their species? Curious.

The krobia are by far my favorite in there, great looking fish.

How do all the geos get along, do they school with each other or stick to their species? Curious.

The krobia is a cool lil fish. I should have got a few more when I got this one.
The geos will all school together for the most part but they sleep only with their species. When I turn on the lights there are little groups here and there but when they awaken, it's one big group. The bigger fish (neambi and brachybranchus) stay on either side of the group as if corralling everyone and acting as lookouts.

I suspected that would be the behavior, since I've heard they develop a somewhat rare colony that's rarely seen in new world cichlids.

I suspected that would be the behavior, since I've heard they develop a somewhat rare colony that's rarely seen in new world cichlids.

One really cool thing to watch was when everyone was introduced to the new tank. They were all in separate tanks except for the neambi and the altifrons who were housed together. They immediately became a big school as if they had been together the whole time. One thing I really haven't seen which is common with cichlids is the establishment of a pecking order. No one fish seems to be dominate. The neambi is the biggest fish in there, but it nor any of the others show any kind of aggression. The krobia is by far the feisty guy of the whole bunch and he's only mad when somebody invades his space.

One really cool thing to watch was when everyone was introduced to the new tank. They were all in separate tanks except for the neambi and the altifrons who were housed together. They immediately became a big school as if they had been together the whole time. One thing I really haven't seen which is common with cichlids is the establishment of a pecking order. No one fish seems to be dominate. The neambi is the biggest fish in there, but it nor any of the others show any kind of aggression. The krobia is by far the feisty guy of the whole bunch and he's only mad when somebody invades his space.

They look awesome. Someday I would like to dedicate a tank to them.

Back
Top Bottom