125g south american tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this thread for the first time tonight. Your tank is really shaping up. Very nice. Even if you do nothing else your effort is extremely impressive.

Tank looks nice. What Is the stock?

And what's this about Hukit planting floating plants?

Stock consist of
1 geophagus neambi
2 geophagus brachybranchus
3 red head tapajos
3 geophagus altifrons Sao Felix
2 guianacara geayi
1 striped Raphael cat
2 long fin bristle nose
2 blue eye leusistic bristle nose
1 royal pleco
13 buenes aires tetras

Stock consist of
1 geophagus neambi
2 geophagus brachybranchus
3 red head tapajos
3 geophagus altifrons Sao Felix
2 guianacara geayi
1 striped Raphael cat
2 long fin bristle nose
2 blue eye leusistic bristle nose
1 royal pleco
13 buenes aires tetras

True geayi? They're rarely imported as they're from French Surinam. Sphenozona are way more common in the hobby, definitely worth looking not if you havent

True geayi? They're rarely imported as they're from French Surinam. Sphenozona are way more common in the hobby, definitely worth looking not if you havent

That's what they were sold to me as.

Attachments

• image-536658950.jpg
    image-536658950.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 54
That's what they were sold to me as.

Unfortunately they are not geayi, I can guarantee it. geayi lack the black rays on the dorsal fin, as well as featuring a full black stripe instead of a spot. You most likely have stergiosi :) either way it's an awesome genus and I whole heartedly regret trading in mine

Unfortunately they are not geayi, I can guarantee it. geayi lack the black rays on the dorsal fin, as well as featuring a full black stripe instead of a spot. You most likely have stergiosi :)

They are indeed stergiosi, and young Mr. Lizard is correct the true geayi are few and far between. But that in my opinion doesn't take away from the simple beauty they possess. The stick looks very peaceful and relaxing, I'd like to see some close up pictures my friend.

They are indeed stergiosi, and young Mr. Lizard is correct the true geayi are few and far between. But that in my opinion doesn't take away from the simple beauty they possess. The stick looks very peaceful and relaxing, I'd like to see some close up pictures my friend.

Guianacara are one of my favorites genera as they seem to combine the looks and behaviors of several other genus, like geophagus, cleithracara, and biotodema. Truly awesome when in large groups

Stick........what you talking bout Willis?

Yes I love the stick too

Here's the crew for the most part. Forgot to mention the krobia and y'all ain't getting a pic of the Raphael cause I haven't seen it since I got it.

image-4217472622.jpg

Royal pleco

image-1785637227.jpg

Long fin Bn pleco and blue eye pleco

image-42684838.jpg

Red head tapajos

image-876353090.jpg

Krobia

image-3740247703.jpg

B/A tetras

image-2488231464.jpg

Altifrons Sao Felix