20 gallon long Lake Tanganyika set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem, my first spawn was 3 weeks in, in a little 6.6 gallon fluval edge. Started with 4, I have 8 adults now, but I don't try and save fry, and I have plenty of catfish to grab them up. If you had said it for most other species, you'd be right, but these guys just love to breed from all my experience with the species lol

They come out of the shells. If never done anything special to save fry be mine get eaten anyway. You can crush up pellets and use a eyedropper or baster and put it around the opening of the shell(s) they are in.

Speak of the devil, wiggles starting to make their way out of one of my shells right now. A couple days old at max lol not even a month after moving 500 miles away and they're right back to breeding. Now if only I could get my cyclurus cats spawning, and/or my gobies!

I've also heard of the parents taking pellets and then spitting them out and the fry will eat the little pieces the parents spit out.

Sent from my Xoom using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got any pix of this tank up yet I got my led light system in so I'll be update fishroom post with proper lighting finally

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's my set up still need to get some shells but for right now pvc is doing its job I just like the mote natural look. If you know of anyonr who's looking for any multies send them my way I've counted 26 in my tank and a couple females already have babies needing to rehome some asap. I have adults and juviniles. I have about 8 adult males in this tank and its only a 20 gallon long.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403894441697.jpg
    1403894441697.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1403894455438.jpg
    1403894455438.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 1403894468494.jpg
    1403894468494.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 1403894482993.jpg
    1403894482993.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 58
What do you feed your multies and how often? I bought some aqueon slow sinking tropical granules for tropical fish and cichlids but they just dont seem to like them. I feed frozen BS but idk how often right now im feeding about twice a week should I be feeding them more/less? I just dont think these guys are eating as well as they should.

Ok ill try them do you purchase over the internet or at your lfs?

I use NLS thera A, and NLS small fish formula once-twice a day for mine, but I'm also feeding catfish and goby cichlids

Dude give your gobies spirlina. ... might get bloat to much protien...and wafers help with keeping jaws from locking

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I was also giving my cats shrimp pellets and have had to stop due to issues with my female eating them. The NLS doesn't seem to post any issues, but I was planning on getting some spirulina once I get into a job soon and have cash flowing again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom