36 bf build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been tryna cycle fo almost a month now. What gives.

Ammo .25ppm
Nitrate 2.0ppm
Nitrate 40-80ppm

Here is todays readings

Ammo .25 ppm
Nitrite .25 ppm
Nitrate 40 ppm

Here are pics

without flash
img_2641746_0_cdfb0177353c9eeef5b9aa1508f70c6b.jpg

With flash
img_2641746_1_573da39b7013b484889c363823862a65.jpg

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!
my tank is cycled!

Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 80ppm

Gonna do a 50% WC and in 4 hours another 50% WC and get some cheap fish till I decide what I want

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!
my tank is cycled!

Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 80ppm

Gonna do a 50% WC and in 4 hours another 50% WC and get some cheap fish till I decide what nnI want

Awesome!!! Mine is almost there. I'm going to give it a few more days. But I think I got it :). Took almost that whole bottle of ammonia lol.

I'm glad yours is done. How's your puppy treating you? :)

Awesome!!! Mine is almost there. I'm going to give it a few more days. But I think I got it :). Took almost that whole bottle of ammonia lol.

I'm glad yours is done. How's your puppy treating you? :)

My puppy is a PITA to be honest but she is awesome and people can tell she has bonded to me really well. When im laying in bed she likes to come lay next to me with her head on me.

She also loves to destroy the house

My puppy is a PITA to be honest but she is awesome and people can tell she has bonded to me really well. When im laying in bed she likes to come lay next to me with her head on me.

She also loves to destroy the house

Ahhhhhh puppies. They do enjoy being little pains for a while. I miss having dogs. When I can get rid of these excess cats and move somewhere that allows pets I would love to get a puppy again. It was 1999 when I last had a puppy! She was put to sleep maybe 2 years ago and neither I nor my mother (by this time I was in college and she was more my mom's dog) have gotten a dog since.

Congrats on the cycles you guys!

Okay y'all, I didnt know what to get so I got a few mollies and an opaline gourami and a snail. Im thinking abouth making this and overstocked masterpiece. Yes I know over stocking is bad I know. Its more of a test but no, nothing will be sacrificed. So for now I have

x1 opaline gourami
x2 yellow creamsicle mollies (female)
x1 black molly (female)
x1 gold panda molly (female)
x1 silver molly (female)

I plan on adding a school of cherry barbs x5 or 6, school of small danios x5 or 6, some loaches (no clowns) x5, and a school of neon tetras x5 or 6, a school of rio von flame tetras x5 or 6.

Yes I know ill be overstocked but its my goal. My filtration is 600gph and I do 50% wc 2 times a week to begin with. Testing 4 times a week and im good. If anything happens, I have a 20g thag I can move them too and next week a new 75g!!!!! So im covered

What do you think? Honest opinions y'all

Why would you want to overstock it that badly?

I think you're also going to crash your cycle by adding too much bioload too quickly

Why would you want to overstock it that badly?

I think you're also going to crash your cycle by adding too much bioload too quickly

No thats not gonna be added all at once by no means. Its gonna be over a few months. Im more interested in doing it to see exactly how hard it would be to maintain it. I have back ups incase anything were to go wrong and its more of a learning experience. Here is aquadvisors "say-so"
img_2644178_0_5b369772cfaedd624757163938cfdde0.png

192% filtration capacity
39% WC per week
133% stocked

No thats not gonna be added all at once by no means. Its gonna be over a few months. Im more interested in doing it to see exactly how hard it would be to maintain it. I have back ups incase anything were to go wrong and its more of a learning experience. Here is aquadvisors "say-so"

192% filtration capacity
39% WC per week
133% stocked

Adding all those mollies and gourami and going to mess with your cycle more than likely, that's a lot of ammonia for bacteria used to only converting some fish food

Adding all those mollies and gourami and going to mess with your cycle more than likely, that's a lot of ammonia for bacteria used to only converting some fish food

I was cycling with around 4 to 5ppm of ammonia according to my test kit. I used quite a bit of food. I used enough flake to last what you would normally feed 10 - 4inch commet goldfish in around 4 months

Okay so scratch everything I posted before.

New plan. Planted tank!!! Going with miracle grow organics soil capped with pfs. It got messy this time around. Lightning will be dual T8 full spectrum till I get my finnex or 4bulb T5

Okay so scratch everything I posted before.

New plan. Planted tank!!! Going with miracle grow organics soil capped with pfs. It got messy this time around. Lightning will be dual T8 full spectrum till I get my finnex or 4bulb T5

I moved all plants from my 20g long and wow have they grown. The GHG has around 15 runners, the hornwort is taller then the 36g tank its self, the anacharis is really tall and the sword is just unbelievable!

Back
Top Bottom