36 bf build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my marble and zebra.

They look great! How do you care for angels?

Here are the angels from my petsmart

img_2619102_0_0e3eaef4ef5f8d1f9cc6ceaa290a967a.jpg

Omg I have news! Here are my reading from 15 mins ago!

Ammo 2.0ppm
Nitrite 4.0ppm
Nitrate 5.0ppm

What do ya think!?!?!

Woohoooo! You have nitrates! Now to just wait until nitrites and ammonia go down. You shouldn't have much longer to wait. Also, the angels from your store look ok. Much better specimens are out there, though. I have had a lot of bad luck with angels in the past couple years, lots are badly bred and overbred, and they just die. Even some I got from a breeder on aquabid just kind of faded away and died over a few months, showing no symptoms until they just lost strength and died, no other deaths from the tank in that time.

Woohoooo! You have nitrates! Now to just wait until nitrites and ammonia go down. You shouldn't have much longer to wait. Also, the angels from your store look ok. Much better specimens are out there, though. I have had a lot of bad luck with angels in the past couple years, lots are badly bred and overbred, and they just die. Even some I got from a breeder on aquabid just kind of faded away and died over a few months, showing no symptoms until they just lost strength and died, no other deaths from the tank in that time.

Yeah the nitrates popped up in like 10 to 12 hours. Im thinking tomorrows test is gonna be good

Retested the water!

Ammo 1.0ppm
Nitrite waaaaay past 5.0ppm. Its a super dark pink
Nitrates 5 to 10.0 ppm

Retested the water!

Ammo 1.0ppm
Nitrite waaaaay past 5.0ppm. Its a super dark pink
Nitrates 5 to 10.0 ppm

I think you are close to doing to huge water change aren't you? Then dosing the ammo back up to 4 ppm?

I honestly dono! I do need some advice on that. I can see the nitrate color turned up a bit more lighter orange since last test today

just read it a little bit. Said when your nitrites & nitrates get to a level where you can't read it anymore you're supposed to do a 50-60 percent water change. Then keep an eye on your ph (not sure what your watching) then dose ammo back up to 4 ppm.

Then supposedly you'll test it & ammonia & nitrites will be gone.

Then your done, but dose ammonia back up to 4 4ppm & when it's gone in 24 hours your done.

In almost positive that's right lol.

just read it a little bit. Said when your nitrites & nitrates get to a level where you can't read it anymore you're supposed to do a 50-60 percent water change. Then keep an eye on your ph (not sure what your watching) then dose ammo back up to 4 ppm.

Then supposedly you'll test it & ammonia & nitrites will be gone.

Then your done, but dose ammonia back up to 4 4ppm & when it's gone in 24 hours your done.

In almost positive that's right lol.

That sounds about right!

Okay so I tested today and.....

Ph- 8.0
Ammo- 1.0ppm
Nitrite- 5.0ppm maybe more, prolly not
Nitrate- 80ppm to 160ppm

? Whats up now???

Okay so I tested today and.....

Ph- 8.0
Ammo- 1.0ppm
Nitrite- 5.0ppm maybe more, prolly not
Nitrate- 80ppm to 160ppm

? Whats up now???

I'm thinking today you're going to have to do a massive water change! & then check your water. Dose your ammo back up to 4 ppm. Then watch it disappear fast & you're almost done :)

I wanna but I dono! Im gonna check the parameters now and see what it says and go by this one. I think with this seachem stability, its making the BB build up waaaaay bigger than the normal

I wanna but I dono! Im gonna check the parameters now and see what it says and go by this one. I think with this seachem stability, its making the BB build up waaaaay bigger than the normal

That's what it's supposed to do I believe. It's supposed to go off the charts. & when it does that you're supposed to do a huge water change to bring the levels back down to readable. But I'm not 100 percent sure...kind of going off what I read (seeing how I have no experience) lol.

That's what it's supposed to do I believe. It's supposed to go off the charts. & when it does that you're supposed to do a huge water change to bring the levels back down to readable. But I'm not 100 percent sure...kind of going off what I read (seeing how I have no experience) lol.

I have plenty of experience but, ive never done a fishless cycle and I havent ever had readings off the chart

Back
Top Bottom