50gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not. What exactly are you looking to get. Width (front to back) of the tank is the limiting factor so that they can comfortably turn around.

45cm wide.. I was thinking convicts firemouths, texas, jaguar and Oscar? Obviously not all..

Size does matter. Go with convicts, firemouths. Jaguar and oscar need more room buddy.

Thanks, could I keep a green terror or a Texas cichlid either?

Green terror and texas r also from the large sized family.Any of the Apistogramma, Microgeophagus,
Dicrossus or Nannacara species would do just fine in ur tank.can go with acara also.all these r some american dwarf cichlids best for 55g

quick search gave me green terror males~8in females~6in imo you could fit one in there not sure about a pair you would have to ask someone experienced

But green terrors r not good for community.they r known for their aggression

Thanks, could I keep a green terror or a Texas cichlid either?

Yes either one of those would work along with another hundred or so from South or Central America. I'd look into cichlasoma nicaraguense, cichlasoma salvini, and Cryptoheros sajica would would be some of my personal choices.

When i upgrade my 50gal Malawi tank to 110gal.. The 55 will be empty.. Could i do a convict, firemouth, texas and a Serverum?

I would do a 1 severum and 1 firemouth with a school of 10 giant danios as a dither fish. Or you could just do a firemouth pair or severum pair with 10 giant danios.

josh7 said:
I would do a 1 severum and 1 firemouth with a school of 10 giant danios as a dither fish. Or you could just do a firemouth pair or severum pair with 10 giant danios.

Nah I just wanna for the cichlids..

Agreed with josh too. Grt idea to hav some dither fish with cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom